Triumph 675 Forums banner

Canadian 675 riders? (to be)

46K views 221 replies 71 participants last post by  administrator 
#1 ·
anyone else from canada?

i'm about an hour out of Toronto Ontario.

#30 ·
spiff675 said:
cjonny said:
Hey Guys,

Vancouver - I think I'm one of the first to have bought it in Vancouver and have the bike stay here... they seem to come in and be shipped out everywhere else.
I saw a red one with optional can, I think, in the Vancouver dealer when I was there last week. Was that yours?
That was mine, They told me I had the first red on in Canada. but anyway, B&I is a great dealer and got my bick back to Regina in no time. :D

#32 ·
so i got the call last friday! turned out to be bad news that the production on outstanding orders for the graphites got cancelled due to parts missing at assembly or some BS like that. boy was i pissed off after waiting 2 MONTHS and then getting told to wait till '07 if i want a graphite 675. needless to say i picked up the last available red 675 from the dealer. i can assure you this though it was well worth the wait!!

#34 ·
Is it really here? My graphite baby!

McBRIDE Cycle - Toronto

January 14th - Deposit
April 2nd - Delivery expected
April 11th - Advised shipping delay til end of May
May 24th - Bike arrives Halifax - Customs delay
June 3rd - Dealer calls - bike mis-inventoried - sent to west coast!!!
June 10th - Bike located enroute to Vancouver, turned around
June 28th!!! - Bike arrives Toronto shipping terminal.
PDI expected to be completed by July 3rd / 4th (very busy with long weekend)

I paid $11,399. Would give no further discount, actually said if he knew how popular the 675 was going to be in January...I would have paid full $11,999. I'm still getting my plates put on and getting the 1% GST (~$125) discount.

What do you all think?

#35 ·
Interesting...

comment by the dealer. As far as I was aware, but I may be wrong, the $500 discount was a factory or Triumph Canada discount from $11,900 to $11,400 not a dealer discount, for ordering early. The dealer could be saying that he would have "stolen" $500 from YOU. Not nice. I thought they were not supposed to take deposits unless they had bikes allocated for early delivery. After that it was $11,900. I ordered it from Blackfoot at the same time and received it on March 20th at the same price/discount along with most everyone else in Canada.

Why you didn't get yours at the same time is unknown and there was something going on that he isn't telling you. Anyway, you got at the discount price and lower GST, albeit 3 months late. Enjoy. :D

#36 ·
Re: Interesting...

spiff675 said:
Anyway, you got at the discount price and lower GST, albeit 3 months late. Enjoy. :D
wait a minute, i put my deposit on my bike in mid december and got my bike at the beginning of june. what's this about a $500 discount?!?!

#38 ·
GGG675 said:
Mine's on order from McBride and I'm paying full. :cry: I couldn't get any discount due to the 675 being so exclusive. How much PDI and Freight did you guys pay? Because $800 seems way too much. :roll:
Who did you buy your bike off of there? Pat (Sales manager) told me they defintely wouldn't be able to get anymore in this year.

Just curious, what was your full price? 11998?

#39 ·
Yeap...full price $11999.

Okay embrace your selves. Two 2006 D675 Graphite are available in Ontario (that I know of and no I don't work for any dealership :wink:)...one at McBride (Toronto) and another at Sturgess (Hamilton). Not sure if anyone is looking to get one ASAP. Thought I share my intel. :)

#42 ·
Red Daytona 675. 2007 model came on the Friday just before the long weekend. 350 km already :) . GSG frame sliders and clutch/alternator protectors. Gel seat coming, and a tail tidy from Jack Lilley.

Bought at Inglis Cycle in London, Ontario, where I live (lond, that is, not Inglis !). Put the deposit down 3 weeks ago as the bike went on the boat. One of the 1st three 2007 675s in Canada.

#45 ·
I managed to walk into Echo Cycle (in Edmonton) and pick up a Graphite '06. No waiting...

Oh, one more thing, they have a red '06 in stock, and a red '07.....the '05 is on the floor and the '07 is still in the crate (I think)

Echo sold 25 D675's this year.....

#48 ·
Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this is a dead thread now, but I've been waiting a long time to add to it.
Just yesterday I signed on for one of the final black 675's available. The bike should arrive here in around three weeks time. Perfect timing for having the streets cleaned off I hope.
I'm in Waterloo but will be riding all over Ontario this summer, if anyone's in the area and wants to ride. I'd appreciate the company.

Watch for me!

Dave

#50 ·
Barracuda said:
Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this is a dead thread now, but I've been waiting a long time to add to it.
Just yesterday I signed on for one of the final black 675's available. The bike should arrive here in around three weeks time. Perfect timing for having the streets cleaned off I hope.
I'm in Waterloo but will be riding all over Ontario this summer, if anyone's in the area and wants to ride. I'd appreciate the company.

Watch for me!

Dave
Dave, congrats and welcome. I'm down in Dundas. Cambridge is about halfway between us...or Campbellville. There are a couple of half decent roads in either area. Let's try and get an early spring ride organized.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.