Introductions - Page 11 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

post #101 of 2449 Old 12-13-05, 13:01
derilict

Welcoming myself....haha

Hello all!

I recognize some of the names from the RAT forum, so I feel like I'm already at home. I'm a professional student (26) at James Madison University, in Virginia, USA. Being that I don't have any income, I couldn't afford the payments on this new beauty, but I will be keeping a VERY close eye on you guys and what you say about them when they start rolling in. That way I'll know what to look for in a year when I graduate. I currently ride a '00 TT600, so I've already been sucked in to the Triumph world. I hope this new platform for Triumph is as stable/reliable/etc. as it is gorgeous, because come hell or high water I'm getting my paws on a D675 within the next 18 months. See you guys around the forums.

Derek

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

'06 Daytona 675
'04 600RR-Sold
'04 R6-Wrecked then sold
'00 TT600-Sold (where the Triumph love affair began)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 2449 Old 12-13-05, 20:36
d6

So this is where you are all buggering off to.

I'm gonna buy scarlets after she's thrashed it
post #103 of 2449 Old 12-14-05, 13:39
Scarlet

Welcome D6 8)

About time you jumped the fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by d6
I'm gonna buy scarlets after she's thrashed it

Even after i've added the tassles

post #104 of 2449 Old 12-15-05, 10:17
Greg

Hello,

Short time poster from the other triumph middleweight sportsbike forum, glad to see so many familiar faces. :D

Used to ride a GPZ500s (not sure if I should admit that) and an R6. Looking forward to picking up my red 675 sometime Aprilish. It will be my first Triumph, and I don't think it will be my last. My wife is not quite so keen, but then she will survive!

I'm British, I ride a Triumph. Life doesn't get much better!
Blasphemy - The victimless crime.
Flickr
post #105 of 2449 Old 12-15-05, 12:59
Abzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Hello,

Short time poster from the other triumph middleweight sportsbike forum, glad to see so many familiar faces. :D

Used to ride a GPZ500s (not sure if I should admit that) and an R6. Looking forward to picking up my red 675 sometime Aprilish. It will be my first Triumph, and I don't think it will be my last. My wife is not quite so keen, but then she will survive!
Hi Greg,
Welcome to the site, Its good, mainly because on here we dont get treated as lepers by miffed D6 owners! :D
However its a shame there was a split as the CBR and Ninja forums seem to cater for all versions of their particular models without the weird reaction the new bike got on the D6 forum. :(

The older I get the faster I was!

1981____________________2007
post #106 of 2449 Old 12-15-05, 13:10
Scarlet

Hi Greg 8)

you'll have to change that banner
post #107 of 2449 Old 12-15-05, 13:56
administrator
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to administrator
I don't want to get anal about pixel widths and heights, but Greg's banner is about as big as I'd want to see in anyone's sig. A bit smaller would be nice. 8)
post #108 of 2449 Old 12-15-05, 17:37
NitroNorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Hello,

Hi Greg - welcome. Check out the UK page, we need to get it moving!

Martin
post #109 of 2449 Old 12-15-05, 23:59
wingman44

Garage
#342 checking in...

I've been lurking here for a little while, trying to do as much research on the 675 as possible. I really appreciate all the info that's been posted. I finally took the plunge last week and put down my deposit.

I can hardly believe it myself, but I've been riding the same bike for 10 years, a 96 CBR F3. Honestly nothing else has come along that really turned my head until now. I guess I don't usually care a whole lot about having the latest and greatest all the time. The D675 is different though...can't wait!

-Rob
post #110 of 2449 Old 12-16-05, 06:02
NitroNorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman44
#342 checking in...

I've been lurking here for a little while, trying to do as much research on the 675 as possible. I really appreciate all the info that's been posted. I finally took the plunge last week and put down my deposit.

I can hardly believe it myself, but I've been riding the same bike for 10 years, a 96 CBR F3. Honestly nothing else has come along that really turned my head until now. I guess I don't usually care a whole lot about having the latest and greatest all the time. The D675 is different though...can't wait!
Welcome Wingman - this forum is full of people who didn't plan to buy such a bike - but just got seduced by the looks etc. 8)

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement