Introductions - Page 101 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

post #1001 of 2449 Old 02-22-08, 14:50
rideco
Race Team Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke97 View Post
Hey, i'm Jeff and I live in Hawaii. I am 35 and currently don't have a bike. I started off in 1993 with a FZR 600, Ninja, and last bike was a r6 in 2005. It has been a few years since I have ridden, but now is the time to get back to it.

I have been checking out the site for a couple months now and to be honest, I am really torn as to my next ride. I guess the main purpose of the bike is to get me to and from work, with the occassional weekend joyride enjoying the sun. Based on that, I am torn between the 675 and GSXr 750. Yes, the new R6 is beautiful but so is the 675 and i've done that before.

I expect to purchase a bike within two weeks and after 3 months of research; I am still split between the two. There is a nice SE at the dealer that has been there for almost a month and it sure is beautiful. I am not to fond of the gold rims and I would prefer the jet black, but that is what they have and they really aren't that bad. Today I will be going back to the Suzuki dealer to see what they have on the floor, but I really need to make up my mind now. I know I am not in the right place to be telling you all I am torn between the two, but I am sure some of you out there went through the same dilemma I am currently go through. My question is, what made you end up going with the 675 instead of the "other" bike? Thanks for any input.
One of the main reasons I got the d675 was because every squid and there friend has a gsxr. Its a very unique bike and great for the canyons we have here in Colorado. Both are good bikes and I am sure you will enjoy either one of them.
rideco

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
01 sv650s
07 SY Daytona 675
You cant look this sexy off the rack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1002 of 2449 Old 02-22-08, 21:41
severinbb

Hey Jeff,

I considered the GSX-R750 also, but decided on the Daytona because I think it's less manic and has more character: I love that it's a triple (great torque, and it revs, and it has an awesome exhaust note - sounds like half a flat-6 ;-) and I love the sexy "Italian" look! Conversely, the GSX-R is, well, just another GSX-R, which sounds like all other i-4s and will look old in a couple of years.

Severin

PS The Daytona is cheaper too!

Last edited by severinbb; 02-22-08 at 21:43. Reason: added PS
post #1003 of 2449 Old 02-23-08, 05:22
jburke97

You know, I like the SE 675 and it wasn't until my wife made a comment about the gold rims that got me second guessing myself. I'm just surprised it is still at the dealer after a month.

post #1004 of 2449 Old 02-23-08, 11:30
severinbb

Jeff,

I think the black and gold SE looks very sharp, but the red stirred my soul! Have you test-ridden a 675 yet?

PS with a comment about "gold", perhaps your wife is trying to tell you something :->

Severin
post #1005 of 2449 Old 02-23-08, 12:37
rideco
Race Team Sponsor

yea + 1 on the test ride. Go take one out for a spin and I am sure you will see why we love our 675's so much.
rideco

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
01 sv650s
07 SY Daytona 675
post #1006 of 2449 Old 02-25-08, 11:14
Roulette675

Hey all.. I just put a deposit down on a street triple in roulette green with the fly screen, belly pan, and seat cowl. I'm in Windsor,CO.. I"ll be picking it up sometime this month. What's goin on?
post #1007 of 2449 Old 02-25-08, 11:36
rideco
Race Team Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulette675 View Post
Hey all.. I just put a deposit down on a street triple in roulette green with the fly screen, belly pan, and seat cowl. I'm in Windsor,CO.. I"ll be picking it up sometime this month. What's goin on?
Windsor, CO near Ft. Collins, CO?? If so you are not that far from me nice I live in north denver. What dealer you getting the bike from?? There are not too many ppl from CO on this board but there are a few. Sometime this summer after it gets nice I want to try to get a group of ppl with triumphs to all go on a ride up Trail ridge road or down to horse power hill to take some pictures. Welcome to the board and let us know what happens on the bike. BTW if you are getting the bike in denver I would work Erico and foothills BMW against each other. Erico gave me the best deal so just and FYI on that.
rideco

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
01 sv650s
07 SY Daytona 675
post #1008 of 2449 Old 02-27-08, 00:54
kcaverly

Hello,

I have recently been reading these forums and researching the Daytona 675. These forums seem great, and you guys have convinced me I should go for it. Next week or shortly thereafter I will put $2000 down to hold a D675 at the dealership, then at the end of april I will get it picked up, and pay for the rest of it. Unfortunately I am in Canada, so despite our dollar being slightly above the US one I still have to pay a huge surcharge. Oh well.

I started on dirtbikes, a 1973 Honda XL175 to be precise, learned mechanics and riding at the same time. I progressed to a 1999 TTR-250 (street legal) that I loved, and put thousands of miles on in my short time with it. I started riding my dad's Seca II 600 and liked it, though it was wimpy compared to the torque and responsiveness and just not as fun as my dirt bike. I moved away to go to university, and joined the military, so now I have money and time and decided to get something a little peppier. I started looking, and decided I wanted a sport bike, and 600cc class, and the daytona jumped out at me. I called up a dealer near my home in BC and got a quote from him. So this summer, whenever I happen to get time off, I am flying out to BC and grabbing this awesome bike. I will then have about 2 weeks (hopefully more) to ride it around and I will take the MSF and then I will ride it back to school in the fall (Kingston, Ontario)

Well, that got long, but I'm excited, so please forgive me,

Kevin
post #1009 of 2449 Old 02-27-08, 01:02
warpedreality

^^^ Welcome to the Forums

You'll definiltey love the 675. Take it slow in the beginning..
post #1010 of 2449 Old 02-28-08, 15:24
Guardian

G'Day from Brisbane Qld Australia. I'm not yet an owner of a daytona but took one for a test ride last weekend and what an awsome little machine it is, the se hasn't arrived at the dealers yet but all black in a bike isn't my thing maybe if I were a Kiwi Red certainly gets my vote
I'm 55 and ride the sv1000s k4 fully faired the last of the silver frame (as you can see I don't like black) and I have noticed a lot of you guys have sv's also. Chalk and cheese between the 2 bikes.
I have been riding for a couple of years now after a break of 25 years, my last bike being a Yamaha xs 650 twin back in England and enjoying absolutely every moment of it and I can't believe I left it sooo long between rides. Last year on my hols in Hazel Grove I was borrowing a Honda vfr 750 not a bad bike but the weather sucked well it did compared to ours here in Qld if it rains here we simply wait for the next day if you know what I mean.
I am in a forum dedicated to the sv and we do a lot of rides together I say forum more like family
I have my house for sale and soon as its sold I'll be straight to put the cash down on the 675 haven't slept well for days since riding it so will keep you posted
Guardian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement