Announcement FIXED!!- Photobucket images no longer working - Triumph675.Net Forums
Triumph675 Site Issues Got ideas on how to improve the site or having problems on the site? We'd like to hear about them.

post #1 of 23 Old 07-13-17, 08:51 Thread Starter
administrator
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to administrator
Exclamation Announcement FIXED!!- Photobucket images no longer working

Thanks to member Neanderthal we now have a fix for this issue. I haven't tried it myself but I trust Neanderthal. If you have an issue please let us know in this thread.

Here is a simple, 1-click fix to re-attach the Photobucket links for any Google Chrome users.

1. Go to this website:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

2. Click on the blue "ADD TO CHROME" box.

Done!

Quote:
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

Last edited by MacBandit; 03-27-18 at 22:08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-13-17, 09:31
Neanderthal

Garage
Are you asking us to potentially sort through many years of postings to fix links? I've got literally hundreds of posts with photos on this forum and other forums dating back 15 years or more... the thought of having to rebuild a new photo album on another site (like imageshack) is depressing to say the least.

Photobucket really screwed the pooch on this move - I predict they will either get sued, go out of business (most likely scenario) or grandfather our data as of June.
post #3 of 23 Old 07-13-17, 13:19
MGFChapin

Garage
I ran into the same issue with many years of posts. Mainly I'm ignoring the unimportant ones and I just redid pics for my how-to's through the forum's picture upload system. Already deactivated my Photobucket account, glad to be rid of them.

post #4 of 23 Old 07-13-17, 14:33 Thread Starter
administrator
Administrator
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Are you asking us to potentially sort through many years of postings to fix links? I've got literally hundreds of posts with photos on this forum and other forums dating back 15 years or more... the thought of having to rebuild a new photo album on another site (like imageshack) is depressing to say the least.

Photobucket really screwed the pooch on this move - I predict they will either get sued, go out of business (most likely scenario) or grandfather our data as of June.
Unfortunately, this is the actions we all have to take at the moment to resolve it.

We are still investigating any ways we can try and help ease the process or provide fixes.

You can attempt to "Download Album" from your PB account to get your hands on all the images which may help the process, so you will have them all in one place.

- JB
post #5 of 23 Old 07-13-17, 16:17
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Unfortunately, this is the actions we all have to take at the moment to resolve it.

We are still investigating any ways we can try and help ease the process or provide fixes.

You can attempt to "Download Album" from your PB account to get your hands on all the images which may help the process, so you will have them all in one place.

- JB
I have most all the original photos, at least the important ones, on my hard drive, so PhotoBucket can go take a flying hike. The issue is knowing where I used all those photos within all the various forums that I am on.
post #6 of 23 Old 07-13-17, 18:10
Zaph

Photobucket will be out of business within a year. They also win the 2017 award for "Most Evil". Sorry Google, maybe next year.

Of course, they were probably going out of business anyway, running an unsustainable business model. The extortion for your images is just one last cash grab before they go. The funny thing is that even those who pay the $400, their images STILL aren't safe because Photobucket is bound to fold.
post #7 of 23 Old 07-14-17, 00:16
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Anyone who was using Dropbox have a similar problem. They changed the way their public links work about a year ago and broke all mine. I redid some of my most recent how tos but I'll wait until someone asks to do the older stuff.
post #8 of 23 Old 07-14-17, 08:22
2BRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post

- JB
Yes, I was able to download my album from PB a few days ago.
post #9 of 23 Old 07-14-17, 13:27 Thread Starter
administrator
Administrator
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Glad to hear you downloaded your albums to retrieve your images. Anyone else who hasn't done so, please do so while you can.

It's highly recommended that you use the Attachments feature within your User CP and the Gallery on our site to host your own images here. We can always increase the storage space to better accommodate your pictures.

As JB mentioned, we're still exploring other options to provide a more permanent solution to this but in the meantime, this is the temporary fix we can offer you guys. If you have further questions or concerns, please let us know so we can address them. We're here to help you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie
The Following User Says Thank You to administrator For This Useful Post:
MGFChapin (07-14-17)
post #10 of 23 Old 07-14-17, 15:15
IanC

Garage
So far the best solution I've found is ImageShack. They charge $20 a year for unlimited hosting and storage (that being said, always keep back-up on your end). If Photobucket had offered this option, with warning, I'm sure they would be in a much better position than they are.

2012 Triumph Daytona 675R
1978 Suzuki GS1000E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement