2015 675R Exhaust Options - Opinions/Pics Requested - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-18-16, 15:20 Thread Starter
Budd311
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2015 675R Exhaust Options - Opinions/Pics Requested

Hey Guys - new to the forum! I am purchasing a 2015 675R new from a local dealer and they are offering me two options. $1,000 credit in any add-on accessory or $650 cash back. To use the $1,000 credit, it has to be an in-stock part and the only exhaust they have is an Arrow Slip On. At first glance it looks a little bulky and I have searched out on Google pictures as well as whatever sound clips I can find.

I found other threads that discuss Exhaust for 2013+, but I figure I ask given its been a couple years since the new body style hit and see what others think? Arrow, Two Brothers, Taylormade, etc. -- Does anyone have opinion on what is best or personal feedback from their experience?

To be honest, the stock does not look or sound that bad. Do I take the arrow they have in stock, or take the 35% haircut to take the cash ($650) to get something else? The Taylormade has caught my eye (and limited ear as Youtube only goes so far.....)


Thanks in advance for the feedback/pics!
Budd311 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 09-18-16, 19:26
Bamboo671
Senior Member
 
Bamboo671's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 671
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 94
Thanked 98 Times in 93 Posts
Garage
The body style hasn't changed since the 3rd gen was introduced in 2013. You will be fine getting any exhaust for the third gen Daytona from 2013-current. In regards to which one to get, purchase the one that you think looks the best on the bike. It's a slip-on exhaust so the gains you will get are going to be minimal. Sound will vary from each also. It's hard to make a decision on what others describe. "It's deeper" or "it's throatier" is not a real description and what are they comparing that to.

I know, I know! I barely helped you if I did at all! Sorry but good luck.

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build



"Win or learn...never lose"
Bamboo671 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Bamboo671 For This Useful Post:
Budd311 (09-19-16)
post #3 of 10 Old 09-18-16, 21:48
Darkness14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 108
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budd311 View Post
Hey Guys - new to the forum! I am purchasing a 2015 675R new from a local dealer and they are offering me two options. $1,000 credit in any add-on accessory or $650 cash back. To use the $1,000 credit, it has to be an in-stock part and the only exhaust they have is an Arrow Slip On. At first glance it looks a little bulky and I have searched out on Google pictures as well as whatever sound clips I can find.



I found other threads that discuss Exhaust for 2013+, but I figure I ask given its been a couple years since the new body style hit and see what others think? Arrow, Two Brothers, Taylormade, etc. -- Does anyone have opinion on what is best or personal feedback from their experience?



To be honest, the stock does not look or sound that bad. Do I take the arrow they have in stock, or take the 35% haircut to take the cash ($650) to get something else? The Taylormade has caught my eye (and limited ear as Youtube only goes so far.....)





Thanks in advance for the feedback/pics!

I know that the stock exhaust doesn't look or sound bad but from personal experience with still having a stick exhaust about 5 months after my 2014 Daytona purchase upgrade your exhaust!!!! I say this because I have experience with idiots constantly merging into me due to the fact that it's not loud enough and obviously he cager isn't looking for me until I blare my horn. I do however have an Austin Racing slip on coming, the the gpr with a gp3 pipe, so it's loud but not obnoxious, they also make a go2r exhaust and a v3 exhaust as well so look into that. Like others will state only you can make that determination as to which exhaust your going with based off of aesthetics and sound,good luck with your decision


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free Appb
-
Darkness14 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkness14 For This Useful Post:
Budd311 (09-19-16)
 
post #4 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 01:48
reek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 83
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
For over 20 yrs, the first thing I did was ditch the stock exhaust. I have a new 2015 675R and originally was looking to change out the exhaust. Personally the only after market that even looks good is the Taylormade. Considering the OEM looks and sounds fine to me, its tough for me to shell out the $$ for a slipon and if need a ECU tune. This may be my very first bike I leave unmolested. and not trying to stir the pot as I know the subject is discussed all the time, but I'm not a believer in the loud pipes save lives. I've had some loud ass pipes on my old rides (loudest was my Yoshi race baffle on my 95 Gixxer) and still got cut off, merged into, etc. But other guys I ride with still swear by them.

REEK
2015 Daytona 675R
reek is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to reek For This Useful Post:
Budd311 (09-19-16)
post #5 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 12:07
RacerXnh10
Senior Member
 
RacerXnh10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,699
Thanks: 22
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Send a message via AIM to RacerXnh10
I'm also not a believer in loud pipes save lives. If you don't want to get merged into keep yourself out of harms way. Stay out of blind spots and when you see people coming onto the highway give them the lane or position yourself between cars so if they do merge like you don't exist you won't get hit. It may not be fair, but at the end of the day it won't matter who was "right" when you're the one that gets run over.

Exhaust is purely aesthetic. It should be noted that Arrow is one of the only ones that supports an EXup valve, which although better removed, is very difficult and costly to tune around. IE if the TaylorMade doesn't have the valve you either need a PCV or other module (Bazzaz?) and someone to tune the bike. From what little I know about servo buddies they are not too costly, but people have mixed results. So the exhaust may be comparable in price, but you're looking at another $800 to get it setup (or a piece of electrical tape over the CEL).

A new money pit has opened. I call it my Daytona.
RacerXnh10 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacerXnh10 For This Useful Post:
Budd311 (09-19-16), reek (09-20-16)
post #6 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 12:17
IronCactus
Member
 
IronCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 168
Thanks: 41
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Garage
I think Bamboo summed it up. Whatever you think looks best in a slip on is what you should get. I went with a Scorpion brand slip on to keep it an all British affair. The stock exhaust is heavy and any aftermarket slip on is going to be lighter and likely sound better. Got the Scorpion from TJ @RidersDiscount and installed myself with woodcraft servo buddy.

3 generations of 675s
IronCactus is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to IronCactus For This Useful Post:
Budd311 (09-19-16)
post #7 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 20:48 Thread Starter
Budd311
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reek View Post
For over 20 yrs, the first thing I did was ditch the stock exhaust. I have a new 2015 675R and originally was looking to change out the exhaust. Personally the only after market that even looks good is the Taylormade. Considering the OEM looks and sounds fine to me, its tough for me to shell out the $$ for a slipon and if need a ECU tune. This may be my very first bike I leave unmolested. and not trying to stir the pot as I know the subject is discussed all the time, but I'm not a believer in the loud pipes save lives. I've had some loud ass pipes on my old rides (loudest was my Yoshi race baffle on my 95 Gixxer) and still got cut off, merged into, etc. But other guys I ride with still swear by them.
I would agree with you. I am leaning towards running stock for a while. I am having a tough time dishing out ~$1k (parts/ecu, etc) for a slip-on when it be mostly aesthetics and minimal to no performance. To be honest, the stock does not look that bed either.
Budd311 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 20:49 Thread Starter
Budd311
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerXnh10 View Post
I'm also not a believer in loud pipes save lives. If you don't want to get merged into keep yourself out of harms way. Stay out of blind spots and when you see people coming onto the highway give them the lane or position yourself between cars so if they do merge like you don't exist you won't get hit. It may not be fair, but at the end of the day it won't matter who was "right" when you're the one that gets run over.

Exhaust is purely aesthetic. It should be noted that Arrow is one of the only ones that supports an EXup valve, which although better removed, is very difficult and costly to tune around. IE if the TaylorMade doesn't have the valve you either need a PCV or other module (Bazzaz?) and someone to tune the bike. From what little I know about servo buddies they are not too costly, but people have mixed results. So the exhaust may be comparable in price, but you're looking at another $800 to get it setup (or a piece of electrical tape over the CEL).
Said very well!!! Thank you kind sir!
Budd311 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 20:50 Thread Starter
Budd311
Junior Member
Threadstarter Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCactus View Post
I think Bamboo summed it up. Whatever you think looks best in a slip on is what you should get. I went with a Scorpion brand slip on to keep it an all British affair. The stock exhaust is heavy and any aftermarket slip on is going to be lighter and likely sound better. Got the Scorpion from TJ @RidersDiscount and installed myself with woodcraft servo buddy.
That is one of the better looking exhausts I have seen. Thank you for sharing!
Budd311 is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 09-19-16, 22:56
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod
 
Shamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,078
Thanks: 406
Thanked 181 Times in 143 Posts
Please stop making duplicate threads.

-Moderator Shamrock
Shamrock is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamrock For This Useful Post:
Budd311 (09-20-16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome