AiM Solo 2 DL 06-12 Daytona - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 31 Old 08-13-18, 09:57
cjc

Garage
I couldn't get mine to read the ECU no matter what I tried this weekend. Will keep screwing with it. The data analytics software is overwhelming. Maybe I should have bought a stopwatch!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 08-13-18, 10:11 Thread Starter
cdenley
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc View Post
I couldn't get mine to read the ECU no matter what I tried this weekend. Will keep screwing with it. The data analytics software is overwhelming. Maybe I should have bought a stopwatch!
Yeah, I thought the software (2D) that came with the D-Air suit was bad, but that had a really cool "corner speed" feature that showed for a given lap your lean angle in every turn, min speed at every corner, and max speed on every straight. I haven't figured out how to do that with Race Studio yet. I'm hoping once I figure it out, it will be even more useful though. Lap comparison seems promising.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #13 of 31 Old 08-13-18, 17:36 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc View Post
06-12? Stock ECU or race kit? AiM replied and suggested fixing the ground wire. I already told them it had power.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing

post #14 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 14:27 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Well this is frustrating:
Quote:
Our ECU development team in Italy is on a holiday break currently. We expect them back at the end of this month. I will send a bug report and ask that they validate the ECU template for the Triumph KLine protocol.
Does anyone have this working? What is the return policy for @RidersDiscount ? I'd hate to get stuck with an overpriced GPS lap timer if this never gets figured out, but I really want the data logging features.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #15 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 14:34
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
Does anyone have this working? What is the return policy for @RidersDiscount ? I'd hate to get stuck with an overpriced GPS lap timer if this never gets figured out, but I really want the data logging features.
That is frustrating, but most of Europe typically does take a month (or three) off in the summer. Those guys at AIM are pretty smart, I'd give them a chance to make it work for you. Could just be something different with the race ECU that's easy for them to fix. I'm hoping that's the case because I'm planning on getting a Solo 2 DL and I have a gen 3 race ECU...

Maybe in the meantime, give TJ a heads up that it's not working in case you pass some sort of return period.
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
cdenley (08-15-18)
post #16 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 14:48 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
That is frustrating, but most of Europe typically does take a month (or three) off in the summer. Those guys at AIM are pretty smart, I'd give them a chance to make it work for you. Could just be something different with the race ECU that's easy for them to fix. I'm hoping that's the case because I'm planning on getting a Solo 2 DL and I have a gen 3 race ECU...

Maybe in the meantime, give TJ a heads up that it's not working in case you pass some sort of return period.
Yeah, not my first time dealing with Italians (Dainese, STM). I tagged TJ in my post so he can review this thread. 2013+ uses CAN rather than K line (different ECU template), so I don't think you would have this issue.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #17 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 15:59
tottenham12712

It works just fine on my 2013. I overlaid the data using racerender3 on this video:

Are you positive the race ECU pins the OBDii port according to the docs from aim? And you are committing the config up to the logger correct? You do have to click transmit. Its very possible the race ECU is not compatible.
post #18 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 16:22 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham12712 View Post
It works just fine on my 2013. I overlaid the data using racerender3 on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0NeweW4rRY

Are you positive the race ECU pins the OBDii port according to the docs from aim? And you are committing the config up to the logger correct? You do have to click transmit. Its very possible the race ECU is not compatible.
I verified continuity between the pin on the AiM binder cable (according to their doc) to the K-line pin on the ECU connector and I am committing the config and see my revised display pages. I assume your 2013 is a gen3 and uses the CAN protocol? I used racerender3 as well, but I don't have any ECU data to overlay. Did you need to change any channel names to make it work? I just left them the default, but I'm not sure they matched their doc for Triumph K line.

Chris Denley
CCS Midwest Amateur #212
fb.me/DenleyRacing
post #19 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 18:04
cjc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
06-12? Stock ECU or race kit? AiM replied and suggested fixing the ground wire. I already told them it had power.
I have power for sure, but no ECU data. Stock wire harness. FWIW I usually have trouble getting TuneECU to connect too - seems really finicky about the voltage. Haven't been able to get Aim to connect at all - other than power. My buddy's works fine on his Ducati now.

post #20 of 31 Old 08-15-18, 18:59
mszilves

Garage
If you're having issues with TuneEcu also, then it's likely something do to with your OBD port or the ECU is not outputting properly on the K-line. Maybe your ECU is faulty?

"It was the kind of situation that regularly sees many of the people who masquerade as motorcyclists and ride every third Sunday up their favourite local road (if it's sunny) to sit at a cafe and make broom broom noises with other pretend-motorcyclist-idiots, crash their brains out."
__
AFM #11R, WMRRA #11
http://www.hookit.com/members/markszilveszter/
2013 Daytona 675R - race bike
2013 Street Triple R - "other" bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement