Deal's Gap - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Event Calendar Post and check here for upcoming events of interest, rides, get togethers, etc.

post #11 of 49 Old 08-06-18, 21:05
cjc

Garage
I'll plan to go, subject to getting F*cked by work.

Here's a route I've done that is good, but requires finding a place to stay somewhere along the route. Maybe a bridge too far but here it is:
Skyway from Tellico to Robbinsville, NC
129 to the Dragon. Out and back on the Dragon if anyone wants to do that (I'm fine skipping it)
28 through Franklin and Highlands, NC to Warwoman Road
Warwoman Road to Clayton, GA
197 and 356 from Clayton to Helen, GA
Richard Russel and other "Six Gap" roads in north GA (19/75/180/18)
60 from Suches, GA to 68 in TN back to Tellico

I bet that's only an hour or two at Ditch Doctor's pace!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 49 Old 08-07-18, 06:52 Thread Starter
Allworld
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
I'll plan to go, subject to getting F*cked by work.
I know your pain. You have to make the money and earn the time before you have any time and money.

I'm fine with that route.

On my way down I will stay somewhere near or in Narrows, WV (Saturday night) then in somewhere in or near Bristol, TN/VA(Sunday night) then I will arrive at Tellico. I will be there till Friday morning.

2015 Triumph Street Triple 675 R
2016 MV Agusta Brutale 800 RR
post #13 of 49 Old 08-07-18, 21:56
Ditch Doctor

Garage
@Allworld @cjc
I’ve got a brother in Roaneoak VA that could House you if staying near Bristol/JC would be tough..
I will definitely make time one of those days (Monday evening I could hit the skyway a few laps with you)

It’d be a full day of riding to get through that route.... if we are slowing down for @harcourt every 15 minutes 😂

I’m game if you guys are!! I’ve got s place in Knoxville for anyone that needs a good garage and bed overnight//
Know plenty of good spots to eat

IF you want some serious southern food, bring cash and eat at the Tellico beach, at foot of the skyway TN side... google for location.
Ibest damn burgers and shakes anywhere

I’m happy to bring the truck with fire wood and beer and take y’all up to my mountain (30 mins from Tellico) if we wanted (sounds like a broke back mountain because it is 😂😂 ask @harcourt )

That Others May Live

post #14 of 49 Old 08-08-18, 07:35 Thread Starter
Allworld

When I do road trips I have general plans and nothing edged in stone, and a lot can and does happen along the way to alter the plan.
I choose those 2 locations based on distance and some roads I want to ride on.

I am all for some meeting up and riding once I get to Tellico, and good food is part of what I live for. I have a cabin right on the river at the end of Cherohala Skyway in Tellico, so that is where I will be for the few days that I am there.
If anyone wants to firm up plans to meet, PM me and we can exchange contact info.

post #15 of 49 Old 08-08-18, 13:34
cjc

Garage
The route I suggested was just thinking out loud. It would be a long day. I took 2 days last time I did it, so I could hit good roads more than once. Happy to just be based out of Tellico or Robbinsville and tear around.

Is your place one of the two story things across from the Harley shop? It's really nice by the river.

I'll pm you my email. Maybe the others can too and we can coordinate.

post #16 of 49 Old 08-08-18, 13:58 Thread Starter
Allworld

I think I prefer some routes under 300 miles, for day trips 100-200 miles are better.
My cabin is part of a cluster of cabins the website is "tellicologcabins.com"
I'm part of a MV Agusta forum and a number of MV riders make it down there for this week, and stay at those cabins.
Over the years I have stayed in Maggie Valley, Bryson City and Andrews. This is the first time in Tellico.

post #17 of 49 Old 08-08-18, 20:23
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
... My cabin is part of a cluster of cabins the website is "tellicologcabins.com"....
Do you know if any of the cabins in this development are "pet friendly"? The website doesn't say much. Prices look very competitive!

On another note, when we were there last month, I saw more cops than ever before, especially on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to Bryson City.
post #18 of 49 Old 08-09-18, 07:04 Thread Starter
Allworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
Do you know if any of the cabins in this development are "pet friendly"? The website doesn't say much. Prices look very competitive!

On another note, when we were there last month, I saw more cops than ever before, especially on Hwy 28 from Deals Gap to Bryson City.
I don't know about pets.......... the lady that answers the phone is very nice and she could tell you. The price quote I got was very good, compared to other places I called.

I'm not sure if the rate of cops is different for each town/municipality but it is good to know they are out in force. It could be that the summer months are a bit more busy in the area, so after Labor Day, things will settle down a bit. I currently have way too many "performance certificates" on my license. Such is the life of a road radical

post #19 of 49 Old 08-09-18, 11:52
cjc

Garage
Yes - there even is a TN highway patrol bike on the dragon these days. At least on weekends.

There have been 3 or so rider deaths in the area in the last few months. The head of Graham County or maybe Robbinsville (can't remember exactly) recently published an editorial proposing to ban "crotch rockets." I wouldn't be surprised if enforcement is up for a some time.

post #20 of 49 Old 08-09-18, 12:52
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc View Post
Yes - there even is a TN highway patrol bike on the dragon these days. At least on weekends.

There have been 3 or so rider deaths in the area in the last few months. The head of Graham County or maybe Robbinsville (can't remember exactly) recently published an editorial proposing to ban "crotch rockets." I wouldn't be surprised if enforcement is up for a some time.
Yeah, that fvcktard writer doesn't see the whole picture, only what he wants to see. Here's a link to the article:

https://bikingpress.com/northcarolin...-are-a-menace/

Funny how every time I'm over there, I see far more heavy cruiser riders all over the damn road and in the ditches. I'd say he got pissed off by a sportbike rider at some point. And his crash data is very old, he really dug deep when he pulled that out of his arse.

I don't subscribe to Facebook, but if I did, I'd offer an "education" to the editor of the paper:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/thegraha...=page_internal

Last edited by Neanderthal; 08-09-18 at 13:22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement