2013 SAI Removal - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #31 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 02:34
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
If one has dealertool, would we still need the resistor? I am doing this right now.
Yes, DT wonít permanently turn off the SAI
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
Shamrock (05-23-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 08:14
Kevin7909

Quote:
If one has dealertool, would we still need the resistor? I am doing this right now.
I left the actuator in place and blocked the lines. But you might be worried about the weight. I'm not.
post #33 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 18:17
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Houston, we have a problem. The instructions say to re-use the old bolts. However, as you can see in the picture, tge bolts wont go all the way in. They are at the end of the threads. I may have to put the old plates back on, and just plug the hose holes off, like previous poster did.
Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180523_180619_1527113723618.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	245274  

post #34 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 18:31
MGFChapin

Garage
Cut the bolts shorter.
post #35 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 19:28
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Ive never been good at that, lol. I have already re-installed the old plates with plugs. Will also just re-use the solenoid, and plug those, too.
post #36 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 19:57
Rookie28

Garage
2013 SAI Removal

Sounds like Iím a bot late, but if you go again, you can add washers between the bolt heads and the top of the blockoff plates.

Would also help to re-include the bracket used to anchor the bottom of the airbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Rookie28 For This Useful Post:
Shamrock (05-23-18)
post #37 of 40 Old 05-23-18, 22:25
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

That's not a bad idea! Thanks!

I can take everything apart, and re-do it. Tank and airbox is still off. Also installing Venturi velocity stacks. :D
post #38 of 40 Old 05-24-18, 07:01
Ditch Doctor

Garage
Let me know your thoughts on the stacks as you get the bike back up. I’m intrigued in the feeling with throttle and a custom tune’

Would one have to re-tune with velocity stacks? Is there that much of a difference in air flow?

That Others May Live
post #39 of 40 Old 05-24-18, 08:23
Kevin7909

Quote:
That's not a bad idea! Thanks!

I can take everything apart, and re-do it. Tank and airbox is still off. Also installing Venturi velocity stacks. :D
Why not go to your favorite hardware store and purchase the correct length bolts for ~50c each?

If you aren't gonna do that then I suggest leaving the already capped oem parts on the bike. The performance of both solutions is the same and the cool factor and weight savings will be diminished with a stack of washers. 🙂
post #40 of 40 Old 05-24-18, 23:07
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch Doctor View Post
Let me know your thoughts on the stacks as you get the bike back up. I’m intrigued in the feeling with throttle and a custom tune’

Would one have to re-tune with velocity stacks? Is there that much of a difference in air flow?

I test fit them today, just messing about. They span the entire airbox, even touching both sides. I never thought about throttle response. It is only going to get about 2hp/2tq max, but the mid-range is going to be rockin' it. UKRS has a dyno sheet from a 2008 model, and it gained about 8 tq @ 4k-6k rpm. That is for a 2008, I have a 2014, so I don't really know what it will gain. I'll post up about it in the "what did you" thread.

Yes, it even says in the instructions (in Italian no less!), that it will need a custom tune, because it will run lean with A/F ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7909 View Post
Why not go to your favorite hardware store and purchase the correct length bolts for ~50c each?

If you aren't gonna do that then I suggest leaving the already capped oem parts on the bike. The performance of both solutions is the same and the cool factor and weight savings will be diminished with a stack of washers. 🙂

I did, they didn't have anything close. It was actually a specialty nut and bolt place. Either the head was too small, or not the right threads. They are tiny washers (internal diameter is 3/16") and even with the Driven plates and the washers, it weighs less than the OG plates (not to mention the solenoid). If I had to guess, all 35 I bought (I like extra! and 50c for all), probably weighs as much as the 2 bolts that hold the plate on. I used 4 on the left side (small plate), and 3 on the right. I used 1 extra on the left, so I could keep my bracket for mounting the airbox.

I can really do either, I have options. I just might put the OEM back on, so I know the bracket fits perfect. Just waiting on Ditchy to make my resistor. :)

Last edited by Shamrock; 05-24-18 at 23:13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement