2013 675R Brake Upgrade? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 25 Old 05-12-18, 18:57
bill_yyy

I'm running the RCS19 on my 675R too. There's still a bit of lever travel before it bites but it's much better than the stock master cylinder. I've also bled the system multiple times, including the ABS and it doesn't seem to get any better.

I also put some new Brembo pads on the front too, which made a bit of a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_yyy For This Useful Post:
NorCalTrumpet (05-13-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 05-13-18, 10:40 Thread Starter
NorCalTrumpet
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thanks, all! This question yielded hugely helpful results.

I think Iíll order up the 19RCS Corsa Corta, fresh RBF 660, and the Z04 pads and the DealerTool to flush the ABS controller. If all this still doesnít get me closer to the results Iím hoping for, Iíll do the M50 upgrade and move the M4s to my Multistrada. If itís still not there Iíll bypass the ABS all together.

I was at Laguna Seca yesterday and while it was marginally better, Iíd have liked to have been more confident in my braking.
post #13 of 25 Old 05-13-18, 11:02
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTrumpet View Post
I was at Laguna Seca yesterday and while it was marginally better, Iíd have liked to have been more confident in my braking.
Come to Laguna on June 9th and 10th and you can see what M4ís are supposed to feel like.

https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=241994
The Following User Says Thank You to MGFChapin For This Useful Post:
NorCalTrumpet (05-14-18)

post #14 of 25 Old 05-13-18, 14:14
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phicurious86 View Post
Yeah I've bled the ABS a few times to no avail. There's still a pretty significant amount of lever travel before the initial bite. I'm using the RCS on the 18mm setting and the travel is a bit more pronounced on the 18mm setting than compared to the 20.
I'm using the 19RCS @ 20mm on the street and 18mm on the track. @20mm setting there's not much lever travel before the initial bite, but @ 18mm there's obviously more lever travel. Maybe you should use it @20 setting and see how it feels.

- Do Not OpenóNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
The Following User Says Thank You to Hooligaz675 For This Useful Post:
NorCalTrumpet (05-14-18)
post #15 of 25 Old 05-13-18, 14:29
Hooligaz675

Garage
Quote:
Thanks, all! This question yielded hugely helpful results.

I think Iíll order up the 19RCS Corsa Corta, fresh RBF 660, and the Z04 pads and the DealerTool to flush the ABS controller. If all this still doesnít get me closer to the results Iím hoping for, Iíll do the M50 upgrade and move the M4s to my Multistrada. If itís still not there Iíll bypass the ABS all together.

Sounds good! I recommend trying the M4.34 without ABS before deciding to move on to M50 though.

Good luck

- Do Not OpenóNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hooligaz675 For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (05-20-18), NorCalTrumpet (05-14-18), RidersDiscount (10-08-18)
post #16 of 25 Old 05-14-18, 13:31 Thread Starter
NorCalTrumpet

Man, I'd love to but the kids are out of school so my track days are limited during the proper summer months. I was able to tie last weekend's in with Mother's Day for the moms in my life with a Carmel/Monterey outing.
post #17 of 25 Old 05-14-18, 19:55
ShaLaMae

I've got the same bike, actually I had two. One brand new off the show room floor. The other a few years old with 1100 miles on her. Both had the same exact brake pull feel. Like a soft boiled egg lever pull feel. I absolutely despise it and thought about changing a few things. I couldn't believe that such high end components could feel so poor.

This is what I did prior to shotguning parts at the issue

1. I completely changed the fluid

2. I bleed one side caliper with a full reservoir. I really pumped the lever at least 10x every time.

3. This is what made the difference. I bleed the master same as the calipers.

I used a lot of fluid and it made a big difference. It's not a rock hard pull. I would guess the first 1/4" pull is soft. But after that it is very firm.

My guess is that the factory does a very poor job of assembly.

Whether I have full ABS ,CIR, or OFF it doesn't change the lever feeling. I am a very late breaker. At a track day no one can come close to me on the brakes. In a race only the best at going deep can give me a run. I only say this to explain that the setup is very competitive to almost anything else.

Give this a try before spending your hard earned money. This is a fix not a band aid. I use the CIR ABS on my rear all the time and love it. I just got some vids from yesterday I will post and you can see what I'm talking about.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShaLaMae For This Useful Post:
NorCalTrumpet (05-14-18)
post #18 of 25 Old 05-20-18, 00:18 Thread Starter
NorCalTrumpet

My 19RCS and RBF660 showed up today so I got to work shortly afterward. Not too much to describe in doing it. I stuck with the stock braided lines so I re-used that banjo bolt but fresh washers, of course. Flushed everything first with the air compressor flush, then did it old school to make sure it was totally cleared.. I got my DealerTool cable and registered it and it 'saw' my ABS controller but never connected. Honestly though, after the flush without being able to do the ABS I can already feel a huge difference in the pull. Really nice lever too, feels great in the fingers and can already tell it will be an appreciable improvement. Feels at least as good as the STRS. I'm at Sonoma Raceway on Monday so that will be the production test.

Thanks all for your insights and suggestions. I have a feeling this will do it for me. I may upgrade to the Z04 pads for next season. If there's anything untoward to report, I'll do so here.
post #19 of 25 Old 05-20-18, 15:56
jdgun_13

For anyone out there if you already have M4 monoblock calipers, there is really not any inherent flaws with them beside they have more pad drag then say the R6 semi monoblocks.. but the bite and stopping power on them is more than capable and IMO you need to buy pads that suit your braking style. I recall when i bought my 2007 1098, it was hot shit best brakes ever put on a production bike.. but the pad compound was super aggressive, touch and bam, no progressiveness to it.

ABS bikes are pain in the ass to get sorted like say a bike without it, when it comes to pressure at the lever, even with a different master.

The whole reason the Brembo M50 came out were to give the Panigale more feel with their massive 330mm rotors. and yes the 50 marks the 50 anniv. of Brembo. They share nothing with the older M4.
As mentioned, and in case were wanting to know there is different brembo masters out there for these calipers based on the bike maker want.. kawi runs a different brembo master than the ducati for example.
make no mistake these calipers still bring major stopping power.

I swapped to M50's on my 675R because they were spot on for my Panigale and i had some spares so why not. was not that there was really anything wrong with the M4's, No way would i go and blow $800 to change to these over say the M4's. Just put on a 19x18/20 RCS on M4;s change some pads and enjoy.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
The Following User Says Thank You to jdgun_13 For This Useful Post:
Hooligaz675 (05-21-18)
post #20 of 25 Old 05-20-18, 18:53 Thread Starter
NorCalTrumpet

Quote:
My 19RCS and RBF660 showed up today so I got to work shortly afterward. Not too much to describe in doing it. I stuck with the stock braided lines so I re-used that banjo bolt but fresh washers, of course. Flushed everything first with the air compressor flush, then did it old school to make sure it was totally cleared.. I got my DealerTool cable and registered it and it 'saw' my ABS controller but never connected. Honestly though, after the flush without being able to do the ABS I can already feel a huge difference in the pull. Really nice lever too, feels great in the fingers and can already tell it will be an appreciable improvement. Feels at least as good as the STRS. I'm at Sonoma Raceway on Monday so that will be the production test.

Thanks all for your insights and suggestions. I have a feeling this will do it for me. I may upgrade to the Z04 pads for next season. If there's anything untoward to report, I'll do so here.
I just needed to know how the m/c upgrade would function before tomorrow's track day so I cautiously rode around the block before loading up into the pickup. Holy s**t, that's pretty much a must-have upgrade! Two-fingered stoppie from 25 mph with great feel. Thanks again for the suggestions! Ain't nothing wrong with the M4s!
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalTrumpet For This Useful Post:
jdgun_13 (05-21-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement