Fuel Injection ? - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 9 Old 07-24-20, 18:24 Thread Starter
spsingh

Question Fuel Injection ?

My name is Sukhi, I just recently relocated to East Bay Area (San Ramon) from Raleigh, North Carolina. I am getting my motorcycle shipped next week and wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had an issue with the bike sitting too long. The bike has been sitting in NC with dead battery since Jan/Feb. I recently had a mechanic change the oil, add new air K&N air filter, new battery, and add SC exhaust (GP-M2) since I am stuck in CALI with travel restrictions and bike is in NC. Also, since its an aftermarket exhaust without an EXUP valve, I ordered the servo buddy for install. The check engine light has gone away bc according to servo buddy it needs 12 rides under its belt before hand. The issue I am having is that the bike is having a hard time staying on at idle unless the throttle is being held. Could this be a fuel injector misfire from being dirty after sitting too long with dead battery and with old gas in the tank? I am gonna get the bike shipped next week so i can take a look. Any suggestions on how to combat this when the bike does arrive ? Any thoughts and input is highly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-24-20, 22:12
Renboy

Garage
I would start by adding seafoam (1/4 can) to a full tank of gas for the next few tank fulls.

What is the mileage on the bike?

The sooner you introduce motorcycles into your children's lives, the less likely they'll have money for drugs, alcohol and cigarettes as teenagers.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-25-20, 03:01 Thread Starter
spsingh
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thank you Ren! I was thinking the same. It has 12,245. 2013 Model. I was thinking when it arrives next week to simply burn the gas that's in the tank and then re fill some kind of octane booster. I really really appreciate your feedback.

post #4 of 9 Old 07-25-20, 14:11
Renboy

Garage
Don't use octane booster, just regular seafoam should help.

The sooner you introduce motorcycles into your children's lives, the less likely they'll have money for drugs, alcohol and cigarettes as teenagers.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-26-20, 17:02 Thread Starter
spsingh

Thank you! I will get some sea foam. I will keep you posted and see if that helps.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-26-20, 19:03
Renboy

Garage
All good. Post up the results.

post #7 of 9 Old 08-11-20, 16:34 Thread Starter
spsingh

Renboy,

I put 2 ounces of seafoam and 1.5 gallons of 91 octane. The bike is completely not turning over. It wont crank. The bike has a new air filter, mobil 1 synthetic oil change done, new yuasa battery, sc project exahust with servo buddy put on in the last 3 weeks. Now it is not firing at all....any help. Anyone is the east bay area familiar with this ?
post #8 of 9 Old 08-11-20, 18:26
Renboy

Garage
Hey Sukhi,
Will it crank and not fire, or won't crank at all?

post #9 of 9 Old 08-11-20, 22:14 Thread Starter
spsingh

ok update....it wouldn't crank/start. Even though the battery is 40 days old, I took it out and took it to cycle gear, sure enough that (NEW) battery was low around 11.2 volts! I got a new battery cycle gears in house brand (Megaboost Battery CTX9-BS). I will be returning this battery as it does not sit properly in the housing and seat doesn't fit. But I was able to start the bike but only while keeping the throttle open. I took it around the block and sure enough it ran. It ran very very rough. It shut off numerous times as the rpm's drop below 4k. I also did note while riding that its choking and bogging. I now believe this is another issue. Maybe fuel injectors, spark plugs, sensors, etc not sure at this point. Was wondering if anyone has a trailer in east bay area that would be willing to help me trailer my bike if needed? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement