Help with 675R fork center-to-center dimension? - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 7 Old 12-28-19, 18:29 Thread Starter
fetherston93

Help with 675R fork center-to-center dimension?

I'm working on a custom bike and am using Íhlins forks from a non-abs 675R. Can someone help me with a measurement of the fork tube center to center in millimeters? Just measure the fork tube centers across the triple clamps with a caliper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-31-19, 09:29
High on Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetherston93 View Post
I'm working on a custom bike and am using Íhlins forks from a non-abs 675R. Can someone help me with a measurement of the fork tube center to center in millimeters? Just measure the fork tube centers across the triple clamps with a caliper.
Whatever triple trees you are using are easy to measure. Pull the fork legs out, take a tape measure and hook it on a clamp, and measure to the opposite mount on the same side. That will give you center to center. Maybe use a digital caliper to make it more accurate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	triple tree sketch.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	251637  

2014 Street Triple R ABS
Riding & Wrenching Since 1991
post #3 of 7 Old 12-31-19, 12:24
keeena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetherston93 View Post
What year 675R? 2013+?

post #4 of 7 Old 12-31-19, 14:17 Thread Starter
fetherston93
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeena View Post
What year 675R? 2013+?
Yes, without abs. Pretty sure the dimension will be the same though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High on Octane View Post
Whatever triple trees you are using are easy to measure. Pull the fork legs out, take a tape measure and hook it on a clamp, and measure to the opposite mount on the same side. That will give you center to center. Maybe use a digital caliper to make it more accurate.
I'm using triple clamps from a different bike and know my current center to center (205mm). I want to know the center to center measurement on the 675r to gain a better idea of the size spacers I will have to fabricate for the bearings, rotors, etc.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-03-20, 02:54
keeena

Got it - i have a 2012R. I did a little hunting around and it appears that all D675R's (2011R+) have the same fork C-C spacing, but you should confirm.

Measuring mine: the forks are 200mm c-c. In case you're interested, the R lower fork diameter is 54mm, upper is 50mm. I included a picture of some of my measurement notes to jog my memory in case you have Q's. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Try PM'ing the OP on this thread: link. It looks like he did a swap from a gen 1 to gen 3 front-end and may know. You could also call Attack Performance - they would definitely know if all the R's are the same.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-03-20, 03:34
keeena

Curious: which clamps are you attempting to use and what is the offset on them?

And after some more reading: I'm 99% sure the C-C is the same for all "R" years.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-03-20, 22:09 Thread Starter
fetherston93
Threadstarter Threadstarter

200mm, boom! thank you so much!

I am building a custom based off a '01 Ducati 750ss. I picked 675R forks because that Swedish bling slides right into the Ducati triples and the length is close enough. The offset is 7mm less, but that should only affect weight on the forks. I'll likely respring anyway as the bike will be about 50 lbs lighter than a 675.

I'm still settling on wheels, but was leaning towards just using a Triumph wheel to get bearings and the center spacer that fit for free. My hesitation was if the Triumph fork C-to-C was larger than the Ducati, I'd have to machine the rotor mounts down to get the rotors centered in the calipers or find rotors with less offset.

Given your measurement, I now know my Ducati triples are wider, so if I buy the Triumph wheel I can just shim the rotors out on each side to center them in the calipers.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement