Triumph 675 Forums banner

Which wires from the Alarm clip on the harness are actually needed?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NotBetty 
#1 ·
Hello

I'm hoping for a little guidance.

I'm in the middle of a modifying my '12 Daytona wiring harness for the track and I've been pretty successful in eliminating several wires I don't need (headlights, turning signals, etc.). Then I started looking at the Alarm accessory. I can follow most of the wires coming out of it, and most of them look unnecessary. However, there are two sets of jumped wires on the clip that goes into the connection and I'm wondering how I can eliminate the entire connection and clip w/o screwing the pooch.

I know there are a bunch of folks on here that have modified their harnesses, so I'm hoping for some help!

Thanks in advance!

-V

#4 ·
I actually unravelled and followed the wires to their origin, clipped and rejoined them. Reinstalled and the bike won't start.

Put the original (full unmodified) wiring harness back in the bike, and the bike won't start. ?????

Checked all the possible things that could prevent it from starting (clutch switch, side stand switch, soleniod ok, relay ok, battery, starter ok) and still no progress. I'm at a loss. Any one have any suggestions?

Think I'm going to start a new thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.