Join Date: Nov 2012
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Same problem - new stator/cps but just cranks
I'm having similar issue. 2012 675R and I can't figure this out.
- Before race, bike only cranks, won't start
- we pull stator/cps off buddies 'B' bike, replace, and boom, bike starts, make grid with no time to spare.
- However, bike won't not idle below 2 k all weekend, so had to keep revs up while on the grid;
- Buddy offers spare gas tank/pump too, in case it was a fuel delivery problem. I got through the race weekend, but idle issue never really improved.
- I ran bike out of gas on last turn, on last lap, last race, and sputtered across finish, but ok. i got a tow back. Great race weekend.
- Returned stator and tank to buddy with thanks. I bought him a tire - well, its something. I eventually installed new Rick's Electronic stator. I thought this would resolve the problem.
- Time to go racing again, but no...
- Same Problem! Just cranks - won't start.
Replaced plugs - old plugs were bone dry.
new Stator reads consistent.
I By-passed rapidbike system and ran TuneEcu diagnostic tests - no codes for fuel pump, or anything else.
i have a manual idle adjuster to install, but I'll wait on that.
Any ideas anyone? Would bypassing pump relay by running a wire from after fuse to tank plug eliminate potential issues? It definitely sounds like the pump primes when ignition is turned on.
- Chances of a bad replacement stator/cps seems low and stator seems to read ok on ohm meter.
I Don't mean to highjack previous thread - sounds like this may be the same problem. I'd really appreciate any feedback.