Race ECU (2nd Gen) and Race Harness -- TuneECU? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 25 Old 04-30-17, 00:46 Thread Starter
Expatbrit
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Well... Had a bit more time to play with it. The cable (possibly not a real Lonelec -- possible issue #1) appears to connect fine. Can read diagnostics from the ECU. However, I get the infamous 'unknown map type' error. I have it listing '90003' as the map (which I can't find anywhere -- I assume it's the racemap?). I'm unwilling to try and load a new map since I have a PCV piggybacking right now, but I think the ignition is pretty far advanced for race gas and I'm running pump since I'm not making nearly the power I should. I /think/ my only option is to drop a new map on it and start tuning from there, either with the PCV or with tuneECU. Is this correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 04-30-17, 12:57 Thread Starter
Expatbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by -LG- View Post
Have stock ECU's in them now but had a race ECU on my 08 a few months back and can confirm that is is downloadable and able to be read with tuneecu. Also this ECU is up for sale at the moment
Having got the bike back -- I believe that /is/ the second gen ECU (on a first gen 675). At least, I have
the same part #. Good to know that -- for sure -- TuneECU will write to it, though I have a PCV piggyback now at the advice of a couple of dealers.

However -- still not right, so want to at least look at the map; not willing to start with trying to overwrite
on my own, so asking the Internet for advice. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!

@-LG- --don't suppose you know what map was on that? (I have 900003, which appears to be ... bizarre). What map did you write to it with Tune ECU?
post #13 of 25 Old 04-30-17, 18:43
-LG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatbrit View Post
Having got the bike back -- I believe that /is/ the second gen ECU (on a first gen 675). At least, I have

the same part #. Good to know that -- for sure -- TuneECU will write to it, though I have a PCV piggyback now at the advice of a couple of dealers.

However -- still not right, so want to at least look at the map; not willing to start with trying to overwrite

on my own, so asking the Internet for advice. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!

@-LG- --don't suppose you know what map was on that? (I have 900003, which appears to be ... bizarre). What map did you write to it with Tune ECU?

Am at work now but will look at the map on it when I get home. It is saved to my hard drive. Best advice I can give is to read the map that is currently on your ECU and save it to your computer or external hard drive. Then at least you have a backup you can revert back to if something goes wrong.

post #14 of 25 Old 05-01-17, 19:07 Thread Starter
Expatbrit

Quote:
Am at work now but will look at the map on it when I get home. It is saved to my hard drive. Best advice I can give is to read the map that is currently on your ECU and save it to your computer or external hard drive. Then at least you have a backup you can revert back to if something goes wrong.
Yeah. Except that since it's 'unknown map type' I don't think I can even archive it with TuneECU.
post #15 of 25 Old 05-02-17, 06:21
-LG-

Quote:
Yeah. Except that since it's 'unknown map type' I don't think I can even archive it with TuneECU.

Shouldn't be unknown. Should show up with the map number when you load the map onto tune ecu. The map that is standard on my ECU is 900005. See the picture attached for where it will show your map #.

post #16 of 25 Old 05-02-17, 10:24 Thread Starter
Expatbrit

Quote:
Quote:

Shouldn't be unknown. Should show up with the map number when you load the map onto tune ecu. The map that is standard on my ECU is 900005. See the picture attached for where it will show your map #.

Yeah. It's 900003. TuneECU called it 'unknown map type' when I tried to open it. I've obtained the hex versions of both 900001 and 900005 now and am going to attempt again this evening. If not, I will just write 900001 to it and then Dyno time to tweak it once I know it's a solid base pump gas map.

I am afraid he issue is cam timing, though. There is a huge midrange hole and it falls apart at 10k. Was hoping it avoid pulling the valve cover, but life is a beach, as they say.
post #17 of 25 Old 05-04-17, 15:04 Thread Starter
Expatbrit

Closing the loop. 900005 loads fine, as per LG. Thanks to help from JD Hord -- can't recommend him enough.
post #18 of 25 Old 06-03-17, 00:08 Thread Starter
Expatbrit

Quote:
Closing the loop. 900005 loads fine, as per LG. Thanks to help from JD Hord -- can't recommend him enough.
Looks like the issue is probably fueling. Got stuck on the map issue; suspect clogged fuel pump. Will know soon
post #19 of 25 Old 06-03-17, 04:14
-LG-

Quote:
Looks like the issue is probably fueling. Got stuck on the map issue; suspect clogged fuel pump. Will know soon

Good to hear you got the map issue sorted. Good luck finding that fuel gremlin
post #20 of 25 Old 06-04-17, 00:28 Thread Starter
Expatbrit

Thanks!

It has not been altogether positive. Definitely not the pump (though I now have a nice spare tank, thanks to @detroit675). No blocked lines. Chasing an air leak and think we have it down.

I'll know Tuesday. It was making 60hp today on the Dyno!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement