TuneECU race ecu - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 21 Old 09-03-16, 18:34 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
TuneECU race ecu

2012 675R. It seems to connect, but it can't talk with the ECU. TuneECU should work with the race kit ECU, right? I'm trying to turn off the check engine light for the exhaust valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tuneecu.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	210810  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-04-16, 01:26
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
I've never hear if it could. However I thought the Triumph TRACS software was free.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-04-16, 02:17 Thread Starter
cdenley
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
I've never hear if it could. However I thought the Triumph TRACS software was free.
Not as far as I can tell. Anyone got a link?

post #4 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 04:23
-LG-

It should communicate with TnueECU. Try switching the bike off and on and restarting TuneECU. Also you shouldn't have a CEL up for the EXUP if you have plugged in the Race ECU as these ECU's don't recognise things such as EXUP valves and intake flappers etc. I'l take a wild guess and say that you have a CEL up because the Race ECU is not compatible with your dash.
post #5 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 05:24 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -LG- View Post
It should communicate with TnueECU. Try switching the bike off and on and restarting TuneECU. Also you shouldn't have a CEL up for the EXUP if you have plugged in the Race ECU as these ECU's don't recognise things such as EXUP valves and intake flappers etc. I'l take a wild guess and say that you have a CEL up because the Race ECU is not compatible with your dash.
I've tried restarting it. I think the previous owner said the check engine light was from the exhaust valve removal. If I'm reading the blink code correctly, it seems to be "MAP sensor pipe disconnected". I believe the MAP sensor was relocated to the intake air duct. I don't know what the MAP sensor "pipe" is.
post #6 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 06:16
-LG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
I've tried restarting it. I think the previous owner said the check engine light was from the exhaust valve removal. If I'm reading the blink code correctly, it seems to be "MAP sensor pipe disconnected". I believe the MAP sensor was relocated to the intake air duct. I don't know what the MAP sensor "pipe" is.
Your MAP Sensor should be attached externally to the rear left hand side of your airbox. It is supposed to have a hose attached to the sensor that runs down to a 3-way junction which has 3 hoses leading to your throttle bodies. Don't know why this sensor would be relocated to the intake snorkel. There is a sensor the same as MAP sensor on the intake snorkel but this sensor is the barometric pressure sensor.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 13:20 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -LG- View Post
Your MAP Sensor should be attached externally to the rear left hand side of your airbox. It is supposed to have a hose attached to the sensor that runs down to a 3-way junction which has 3 hoses leading to your throttle bodies. Don't know why this sensor would be relocated to the intake snorkel. There is a sensor the same as MAP sensor on the intake snorkel but this sensor is the barometric pressure sensor.
You're right, it is the barometric pressure sensor. They look the same to me, and it must have been relocated because I had to drill the holes to mount it on my new snorkel.

It looks like the MAP sensor is there, but I don't see any hose/pipe. Where is the 3-way junction?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	210850  

Last edited by cdenley; 09-05-16 at 13:20. Reason: added photo
post #8 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 14:24 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
I see 2 3-way connectors, but no 4-way connector T1242929.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	connectors.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	210858  
post #9 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 16:49 Thread Starter
cdenley

Garage
Both 3-way connectors seem to go to the throttle bodies. I'm not sure why there are 2. I bought another T-connector from the auto parts store and joined the MAP sensor to the top T-connector (T-connector + T-connector = 4-way connector). I cleared the error by turning the ignition on/off a few times with the throttle open. The error doesn't come back when I start it up, but it doesn't if I disconnect the MAP sensor, either. Could there be a legitimate reason for why it was disconnected? What impact does it have exactly, besides the CEL?
post #10 of 21 Old 09-05-16, 21:18
-LG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
Both 3-way connectors seem to go to the throttle bodies. I'm not sure why there are 2. I bought another T-connector from the auto parts store and joined the MAP sensor to the top T-connector (T-connector + T-connector = 4-way connector). I cleared the error by turning the ignition on/off a few times with the throttle open. The error doesn't come back when I start it up, but it doesn't if I disconnect the MAP sensor, either. Could there be a legitimate reason for why it was disconnected? What impact does it have exactly, besides the CEL?

I believe the MAP sensor is involved in altering the engines tune to suit environmental conditions at lower RPM (ECU Closed Loop mode). Closed loop mode operates at lower RPM's and idle, it uses data from various sensors to make adjustments to the engines tune on the fly. Once the engine hits a certain RPM or throttle position the ECU goes into open loop mode and its tune is based purely on the fuel tables that are stored on the ECU itself.

If your MAP sensor is not connected, the bike may run a bit rough at idle and lower RPM's while cruising and I'm thinking it may have been disconnected previously because the sensor may have been faulty. I cant think of any reason to disconnect the MAP sensor. There is really nothing to be gained by disconnecting it.

@MacBandit might be able to correct me if I'm wrong or offer a better theory that will help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement