675 ecu locked? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

post #1 of 10 Old 11-26-19, 12:58 Thread Starter
dguti

675 ecu locked?

Hello so iam getting back into riding after a few years and i purchased a 2013 675 that suffered an accident in order to fix it and start riding again. I just hit a wall right now and am trying to find some help before haveing to go to dealership.

So the previous owner replaced the Cluster, and the ignition Switch ( Keys included with key code) However the ECU is the original one that came with the bike but immobilizer i am not sure. I put the bike together and tried to turn it on but it wont crank. I tried to read the error codes with tuneecu + bluetooth dongle, and it wont give me any codes. Also, in the tune ecu app, i am able to test the fuel pump, Cooling fan and the other things it allows you to do and they work fine. Turn signals also work.

Cluster Lights with key turned to ON position:

Green - Neutral
Yellow- Engine
Red - Oil
Red - Ringing Bell

Is there anyway around this? or am i obligated to go to a Triumph dealer?

Thanks so much in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-26-19, 19:46
Z675R

The "ringing bell" is the light telling you the immobilizer is active (ie telling the ECU not to start the bike). You need to have the immobilizer, cluster and ECU all matched up. I'm not certain if a dealer can set them all to work together, but by yourself, you cannot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Z675R For This Useful Post:
dguti (11-26-19)
post #3 of 10 Old 11-26-19, 21:54 Thread Starter
dguti
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Got it thanks! Do you know if you can flash an OEM Map on a Race harness/ECU?

post #4 of 10 Old 11-27-19, 08:19
High on Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dguti View Post
You're not going to be able to do anything until the immobilizer key is programmed to the ECM and and cluster. Right now the bike thinks it is being stolen and WILL NOT start until the bike is taken to a dealership to be programmed. If it's anything like KTM and Ducati, you will need to old key to program the new one. If the original key is not present, you may have to replace the ECM as well and completely start over from scratch.

Why was the ignition and cluster replaced in the first place?

2014 Street Triple R ABS
Riding & Wrenching Since 1991
post #5 of 10 Old 11-27-19, 12:52
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
I have the Triumph kit ECU & harness and I can't flash it with TuneECU.

UK Race Support can make a race harness out of a stock one while still using the stock ECU, which you could then reflash with a full exhuast map.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-28-19, 08:47 Thread Starter
dguti

Quote:
Originally Posted by High on Octane View Post
Quote:
You're not going to be able to do anything until the immobilizer key is programmed to the ECM and and cluster. Right now the bike thinks it is being stolen and WILL NOT start until the bike is taken to a dealership to be programmed. If it's anything like KTM and Ducati, you will need to old key to program the new one. If the original key is not present, you may have to replace the ECM as well and completely start over from scratch.

Why was the ignition and cluster replaced in the first place?
The bike was laid down and the whole front end was shattered. So the ignition switch and cluster had to be replaced. I called my closest triumph dealer and they said they could flash/reprogram the new keys with the existing ecu/imobillizer. Ill take a trip down next week and ill keep yall posted on what happens.
Now iam trying to get the odometer corrected to the acutal engine miles. I hope the ecu has a way to saves that info and they could correct the cluster mileage
post #7 of 10 Old 11-28-19, 12:41
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Now iam trying to get the odometer corrected to the acutal engine miles. I hope the ecu has a way to saves that info and they could correct the cluster mileage
Mileage is saved in the dash. I doubt even the dealer can change the odo.

Do you still have the old instrument cluster? I had the same issue and my cluster was beat up, but fortunately the PCB inside was OK. I swapped the PCB over to a nicer-looking case I got off eBay. Looks perfect and I kept the same mileage.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-28-19, 21:16 Thread Starter
dguti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Quote:

Do you still have the old instrument cluster? I had the same issue and my cluster was beat up, but fortunately the PCB inside was OK. I swapped the PCB over to a nicer-looking case I got off eBay. Looks perfect and I kept the same mileage.
Nope, i purchased the bike with the used odo and the old cluster was thrown away. The seller wrote the mileage the bike had before the wreck on the title thats the only proof i have really.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-04-19, 20:03 Thread Starter
dguti

Got it all squared away.

Took a trip to the dealer and get the keys reprogrammed to the immobilizer/ECM, took about 45 minutes to program 2 keys. 60$

Used Cluster mileage can not be corrected through the Triumph diagnostic tool according to the technician. He said he can only reset it once it hits 150,000 miles. Kinda sucks that the cluster reflects 4x the mileage the bike actually has, it is what it is i guess.

Bike cranked and turned on beautifully. Kinda

Thanks
post #10 of 10 Old 12-04-19, 20:05 Thread Starter
dguti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post

I could do that as well, i would just have to get the new PCB paired with the ECM/Immobilizer i think

Last edited by dguti; 12-04-19 at 20:11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement