Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 11-25-19, 17:14
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Pilsworth View Post
I don't get what this dude means when he states "manual idle" as he obviously keeps the stepper motor active through the ECU.
post #13 of 17 Old 11-25-19, 17:56
Stephen Pilsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmablaster View Post
I don't get what this dude means when he states "manual idle" as he obviously keeps the stepper motor active through the ECU.
If you read the guide you'll understand. But in simple terms that you can understand you fit the manual to stop the idle dropping and set everything else up around that.

That make sense?

post #14 of 17 Old 11-26-19, 06:25
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
If you read the guide you'll understand. But in simple terms that you can understand you fit the manual to stop the idle dropping and set everything else up around that.

That make sense?
Yes it makes sense, thank you... although I can't see how you can have both a manual idle adjuster screw and the stepper motor in place. All "manual idle" mods I've seen/read about replace the motor with the screw.

Any pointers to that guide?
post #15 of 17 Old 11-26-19, 06:30
Stephen Pilsworth

Quote:
Yes it makes sense, thank you... although I can't see how you can have both a manual idle adjuster screw and the stepper motor in place. All "manual idle" mods I've seen/read about replace the motor with the screw.

Any pointers to that guide?
The manual idle goes in place of the tiny screw and nut that comes from the factory. So you are creating a new 0 position.

The idle motor actually still idles the bike till up to temp, it just needs a stop point to stop the stalling.

Not had any issues since doing it on mine as neither gets in the way of the other, you just don't touch the manual once it's all set up

post #16 of 17 Old 11-26-19, 17:01
Plasmablaster

Garage
Quote:
The manual idle goes in place of the tiny screw and nut that comes from the factory. So you are creating a new 0 position.
Ahh ok it goes into the cyl2 adjuster that "is set by the factory and don't touch it when balancing the throttle body butterflies".

Actually I was thinking of solving engine brake problems by using the stepper motor itself as a manual idle adjuster. The difference in my proposed setup is that the stepper motor will be controlled manually by the rider (through a stepper motor controller) instead of the ECU. Actually I have conducted proof-of-concept work, and managed to use a controller with buttons to control the stepper motor on a spare set of throttle bodies and stepper motor that I have.

And this idea here solves the only problem that the manual controller creates, that of inadvertently reducing the idle position so much as to stall the bike.
post #17 of 17 Old 11-26-19, 17:22
Stephen Pilsworth

Quote:
Ahh ok it goes into the cyl2 adjuster that "is set by the factory and don't touch it when balancing the throttle body butterflies".

Actually I was thinking of solving engine brake problems by using the stepper motor itself as a manual idle adjuster. The difference in my proposed setup is that the stepper motor will be controlled manually by the rider (through a stepper motor controller) instead of the ECU. Actually I have conducted proof-of-concept work, and managed to use a controller with buttons to control the stepper motor on a spare set of throttle bodies and stepper motor that I have.

And this idea here solves the only problem that the manual controller creates, that of inadvertently reducing the idle position so much as to stall the bike.
Sounds promising.

The issue I found when fitting a manual idle was the bike wouldn't adapt, thus causing the stutter in the rec range.

But yeah as I found through trial and error using the manual and idle stepper was once setup it solved every issue and the bike idles so smoothly.

Never found out what causes the low idle issue and I adjusted everything. New stepper, new TPS. And still the problem continued.

Glad it helps though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement