Suspension Upgrade - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 14 Old 01-07-19, 13:01
tottenham12712

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonyB View Post
Hey there everyone!

Was wondering if I could pick the brains and experience of all you track day junkies out there... I'm at the point that I have to upgrade my suspension as I feel that the OEM stuff is not allowing me to expand my skill set as rider.

So...

...wanted to know from those who are experienced in the track day "business" what would be the first on the list to be upgraded; FORKS or SHOCKS??

My plan is to get aftermarket components and re-use the current forks and shock bodies, but considering that this will be a bit of an investment, I'll have to do this one at a time... And therefore not sure what I should play with first...

I've been keeping the forks to the best of what I can, so oil is changed regularly, springs are still ok (but too soft), all fork and dust seals are ok. As for the Shock, I've never done anything to it, and chances are it has not been serviced EVER...
From what I can see, my forks are bottoming out and I pretty much have the Pre Load all in, not to the maximum, but as far as one should go before needing to start changing things... As far as shock is concerned, I can't tell exactly what it is doing, but looking at my tyre wear, it isn't doing much .

Anyway, without getting into much detail, just wanted to poke everyone's brain and personal experience as to what would be the best thing to do first (and why).

Thank you all!

I personally wouldnt replace anything just yet, especially just for track days (I raced on revalved stock gear and was competitive). What I would recommend doing is getting a linear rear link and then having the front forks and shock revalved for more aggressive riding, and then properly sprung for your weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 01-07-19, 13:18
Rookie28

Garage
Sounds like you have a concern with the spring length being set for use with their valving kit. If itís only length that youíre concerned about, you can easily fix it with a custom cut PVC spacer. Once you get the valving kit you can trim down the PVC spacer a bit to make room for the extra hardware. This way you wont be bottoming out and youíll have immediate improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 14 Old 01-09-19, 21:49 Thread Starter
JonyB
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie28 View Post
Sounds like you have a concern with the spring length being set for use with their valving kit. If itís only length that youíre concerned about, you can easily fix it with a custom cut PVC spacer. Once you get the valving kit you can trim down the PVC spacer a bit to make room for the extra hardware. This way you wont be bottoming out and youíll have immediate improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get the whole spring length clarified with RACETECH (their rep in Australia)...

Life's so much better on a bike!

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL

post #14 of 14 Old 01-09-19, 21:51 Thread Starter
JonyB
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham12712 View Post
I personally wouldnt replace anything just yet, especially just for track days (I raced on revalved stock gear and was competitive). What I would recommend doing is getting a linear rear link and then having the front forks and shock revalved for more aggressive riding, and then properly sprung for your weight.

that's essentially what I'll be doing. Looking at something good though... RACETECH kits are likely to be what I'll end up getting.

Thanks

Life's so much better on a bike!

Street Triple R 2011
ZX9R C2 (1999)
HEL || JayBee Biker Bits || STOMPGRIP || MOTUL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement