Boots for skinny feet/legs? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #1 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 15:10 Thread Starter
Ken M1

Boots for skinny feet/legs?

Ok... I think I've tried on almost every MC boot know to man and cannot seem to find a pair that fits. I'm tired of wearing all proper gear EXCEPT boots (currently wearing military type boots on bike). Does anyone know of a decent high boot (shin plates) that comes in NARROW widths? Even if I use a thicker insole in a regular pair, the leg openings are HUGE on me due to my equally skinny legs. Ugh. Any one with same problem or know of a NARROW width full MC boot? Thanks for any feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 15:28
Bamboo671

Garage
Have you tried on Sidi? They are naturally skinny fit. I had a pair of their low boots and had to get rid of them because they were killing my feet. I don't have a fat foot by any means but man those things were killing me!

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build

"Win or learn...never lose"
post #3 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 15:53 Thread Starter
Ken M1
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Yeah, I like Sidi's for the foot fit... however they are still too big in the ankle and calf area. My foot fits in them fine, but then my heel slops up and down due to the poor ankle/leg fit.

post #4 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 15:54
Jarod725

+1 I have a pair of Sidi Typhoons that I ride in. Can't say I'm pleased with the fastening system on this particular style (4 different hook-and-loop fasteners on each boot), but they are comfy. I have a pretty narrow foot and bird-legs to match. The boots are NOT tight against my shin, but the gap isn't huge and the interior of the boot is soft enough that walking around in them doesn't irritate my legs. It certainly doesn't feel like when you're a kid and slip into a pair of your dads rubber boots, lol.

Edit: Just saw your 2nd post. As I said above, the fitment at the calf is not snug on me, but it actually does allow for a bit more mobility when off the bike. And I don't have an issue with too much slack around the ankle. This pair at least seems to snug up nicely in that area.
post #5 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 16:55
Bamboo671

Garage
Yeah I don't much else that is more snug than the Sidis. I'm sure the excess space around the shin/calf is to be able to fit leathers in there comfortably. The Pumas are nice and feel real snug but I don't have skinny legs/calves.

post #6 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 16:59
llenta
BOTM Winner

I have a pair of Alpinestar SMS-Plus boots that I use for the track. They are expensive but the most comfy pair of boots I have ever worn (I have narrow feet at well). The reason they are nice is because they have an internal lacing system that you can pull as tight as you want against your feet, then the outside ratchets up like a ski boot. They do squeek because the outside plastic pieces rub up against each other when you pull the boot tight. But I would rather have a comfy boot that squeeks, then a silent boot that feels loose on my foot.
post #7 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 17:23
Bamboo671

Garage
I forgot also that the Puma's had an internal lacing system (somewhat) to tightening them down onto your foot. Then the standard buckle system that wraps around your calf with some adjustment.

post #8 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 20:20
Smoke

Wide feet + skinny calves here, and my Sidis (Vertigo ? Vortice ? I never can remember...) still have plenty of calf adjustment left, despite my wearing them under the pants, so you might give them a try.

The slower you move, the more dangerous your bike is... I'll let you work out the conclusion from there

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Hear my Daytona's Akrapovic SCREAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mOlxMJ_zOw&t=1m15s

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35
post #9 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 21:18
munch

wide feet skinny legs here. a* smx5. perfect on foot but loose around the shin. doesnt bother me. they're not going anywhere
post #10 of 28 Old 02-23-11, 21:55
Daken
Banned

Your feet are too narrow and your legs are too skinny for any regular boots? Why not try a children's or women's size? I'm not calling you a child or a woman, but if the boot fits.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement