New to Triumph - Triumph675.Net Forums
Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

post #1 of 7 Old 08-30-19, 05:40 Thread Starter
jeffquack

Garage
New to Triumph

Hello everyone, after riding my 2017 CBR500R for over a year I finally was able to upgrade. Just picked up a 2014 Daytona 675r with less than 200 miles. Yes, you read that correctly, this thing isn't even through the break-in period yet. I am stupid excited to get out and ride it, but unfortunately the bike has been sitting for some time so it needs some work. Planning on replacing the tires and all fluids before I take it out, lots of mods coming soon. This forum has already been super helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-19, 08:23
azwood675

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffquack View Post
Hello everyone, after riding my 2017 CBR500R for over a year I finally was able to upgrade. Just picked up a 2014 Daytona 675r with less than 200 miles. Yes, you read that correctly, this thing isn't even through the break-in period yet. I am stupid excited to get out and ride it, but unfortunately the bike has been sitting for some time so it needs some work. Planning on replacing the tires and all fluids before I take it out, lots of mods coming soon. This forum has already been super helpful
I think you will be super happy with it they are the best all round machine I've found yet enjoy

Sent from my 5009A using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 Old 08-30-19, 12:10
Newbeme

Garage
Welcome to the site and welcome to Triumph!

Happier than a seagull with a french fry!

post #4 of 7 Old 08-31-19, 15:41
Arawn

Daytonas are pretty rare in my country, had to fly and ride to get mine, a 2013 R with 5,000 miles... It still had the factory tires, which made it obvious it was never rode hard and after the new toy excitement was over it spent a few years sitting. Had to ride it back home on those tires! It was 500 miles of taking it easy on corners as I knew those tires were rock hard, but it also vibrated like a paint shaker!

Before replacing the tires I put the old ones on the balancing stand and to my surprise they were perfectly balanced! But the balancing stand made it VERY obvious they were not round anymore, the flat spots, even with the tires inflated, were noticeable. She got the whole treatment once I got home, tires, fluids and a good all over check.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-05-19, 10:22 Thread Starter
jeffquack
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Thank you everyone, sorry I didn't see these replies I am still getting accustomed to the forum. Need to figure out my notifications. For maintenance I have an RK X-Ring chain and Continental sport attack 3 tires awaiting install, along with Motorex DOT 4 brake fluid. The previous owner installed front and rear Rizoma brake fluid reservoirs and they look great. I think I am going with either Engine Ice or Liquid Performance for the coolant, probably doesn't matter that much either way but I am extremely picky about what I use in my vehicles, I always try to use the best possible product. For mods I have the full GB racing protection bundle on order (engine case covers, bullet style frame sliders, fork slider, rear spools and toe guard). I also have Tech Spec tank grips and a Toce exhaust on the way, going out on a bit of a limb with the Toce as I cannot find ANY sound clips or real photos after install from a rider, if anyone has experience with them I'd be glad to hear it. I am planning on getting the Arrow slip on tune from triumph, I know the proper way to do things would be PCV and a dyno tune but unfortunately I don't have that kind of money right now. I don't track the bike but do commute on it about 60 miles round trip per day, lots of highway but for my riding it should hopefully be ok. I will post updates periodically for anyone interested in my build, extremely excited to get out and ride!
post #6 of 7 Old 09-05-19, 10:25 Thread Starter
jeffquack
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
Daytonas are pretty rare in my country, had to fly and ride to get mine, a 2013 R with 5,000 miles... It still had the factory tires, which made it obvious it was never rode hard and after the new toy excitement was over it spent a few years sitting. Had to ride it back home on those tires! It was 500 miles of taking it easy on corners as I knew those tires were rock hard, but it also vibrated like a paint shaker!

Before replacing the tires I put the old ones on the balancing stand and to my surprise they were perfectly balanced! But the balancing stand made it VERY obvious they were not round anymore, the flat spots, even with the tires inflated, were noticeable. She got the whole treatment once I got home, tires, fluids and a good all over check.
I can imagine the tires had flat spots and hard rubber, however I have heard these bikes are a rough ride if the suspension isn't properly set up for each rider. I don't know too much about suspension so I plan on taking it to Triumph and having them help me out to get it dialed in properly. Cheers!
post #7 of 7 Old 10-01-19, 16:09
Arawn

Honestly I havent messed up with the suspension at all; don't even know if it is setup to factory settings. The vibration was gone with the new tires and the suspension setup that was on it has worked well enough so far. With these bikes being so rare I don't plan on taking it to the track; I just got an older R6 for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement