Gauntlet glove opinions wanted - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #11 of 20 Old 02-20-19, 09:59
Glocken

Honestly would stay away from the knox just cause I can't believe they wore through from normal use. They did not feel bulky nor did they run big; small if anyhting and they broke in fairly quick. I did order a size larger for my pods versus the handroid though.

I would only buy them again if I got them sub $100-130

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 02-20-19, 11:39
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
Honestly would stay away from the knox just cause I can't believe they wore through from normal use.
Any glove will wear through the fingertips with normal use, especially if you donít clean them regularly. If a pair lasts me two seasons, I consider it a win.
post #13 of 20 Old 02-21-19, 10:11
Glocken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
Any glove will wear through the fingertips with normal use, especially if you don’t clean them regularly. If a pair lasts me two seasons, I consider it a win.
except it wasn't the finger tips; it opened up on the inside in between fingers

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder

post #14 of 20 Old 02-21-19, 12:10
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
except it wasn't the finger tips; it opened up on the inside in between fingers
Oh, thatís no good.
post #15 of 20 Old 02-22-19, 00:46 Thread Starter
siq75
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
How's the scaphoid protection on the Phantom II? It doesn't look like there's any, the stingray slider sits under the pinky and doesn't even extend to mid palm.

At this point, I'm favoring one of the Racer gloves, they have dual palm sliders, finger bridge, and all I keep hearing is that they are the most comfortable gloves.

Daytona 675 TRIPLE SE
post #16 of 20 Old 02-22-19, 00:58
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by siq75 View Post
How's the scaphoid protection on the Phantom II? It doesn't look like there's any, the stingray slider sits under the pinky and doesn't even extend to mid palm.

At this point, I'm favoring one of the Racer gloves, they have dual palm sliders, finger bridge, and all I keep hearing is that they are the most comfortable gloves.
Like I said, Iíve had lots of crashes in Phantoms and Phantom II and Iíve never had a hand injury. Scaphoid protection never seemed lacking. I did go with the beefier Titans for track use specifically because they seem to have better protection, but as with helmets, no glove is a guarantee. Go with whatever is most comfortable for you, canít really go wrong with whatís left of your short list.
post #17 of 20 Old 02-23-19, 11:32 Thread Starter
siq75
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
I thank everyone for their input. I wound up ordering Racer High Racer Gloves over the Phantom II's for a few reasons. Dual palm sliders, finger bridge, cheaper, heard they fit like a 2nd skin, they look better as in being more stealthy, as opposed to the boxy Phanthom II's that look like something I wore as a kid for snowball fights.

Daytona 675 TRIPLE SE
post #18 of 20 Old 02-26-19, 14:36
Neanderthal

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7909 View Post
No glove can guarantee no broken bones, etc...
This. All the best gear in the world can't, but it usually dramatically mitigates the potential. I had a somewhat undramatic 35 mph highside (locked the rear wheel going around a sharp curve) and destroyed my collarbone, 4 ribs and the rotator cuff and a puntured lung. I was fully geared up. But hey.....not a drop of blood or rash, lol.

I'm a big believer in Held as well. Once you go kangaroo, you'll never go back to cowhide. Held also has a great selection of sizes, not just your typical S-M-L-XL like the mainstream mfgrs. If you are not going to be doing track, take a hard look at the AirStreams and EVO Thrux. These are still great gloves, just not quite as bulletproof. I've had my EVO Thrux gloves since 2012 and still in great condition.
post #19 of 20 Old 02-28-19, 21:11
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

I have had a few Held Phantoms and love them, also check out Heroic SP-R, great glove and well built.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
post #20 of 20 Old 03-01-19, 15:05
Glocken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
I have had a few Held Phantoms and love them, also check out Heroic SP-R, great glove and well built.
not the pair I got

Sponsored Links
Advertisement