Quickshifter issue. - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 9 Old 07-17-18, 11:39 Thread Starter
GMike278

Quickshifter issue.

Hi all,

Tried searching for this before posing (so forgive me if I missed it)

I have a 2012 Daytona track bike with a quickshifter and attack performance rearsets set up in GP Shift. I was at the track on Sunday and the quickshifter didn't seem to work. I unplugged the connector and tested it for continuity and the switch seems to work fine. (I'm assuming this is some kind of adjustment issue) but would someone be able to tell me if the setup and adjustment is any different for reverse shift or if there could be any other issues with the quickshifter besides the switch itself that I'm missing (I mean, its just a rod, some heim joints and a switch)?

Thank you in advance,
Mike

Last edited by GMike278; 07-17-18 at 11:51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-17-18, 18:35
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
If you have the Triumph one then you can test and adjust it through the ECU with TuneECU, unsure about others. The rest of this take with a grain of salt because I'm not fluent with GP shift specifics— but IRCC, as far as GP shift there's nothing to it besides just flipping it around. Depending on what rearsets you go with you can just leave it the same direction, there is a set that is both GP and standard configurable without flipping the rod/QS, not sure if it's Attack though.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-17-18, 18:44 Thread Starter
GMike278
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Bodie View Post
If you have the Triumph one then you can test and adjust it through the ECU with TuneECU, unsure about others. The rest of this take with a grain of salt because I'm not fluent with GP shift specifics— but IRCC, as far as GP shift there's nothing to it besides just flipping it around. Depending on what rearsets you go with you can just leave it the same direction, there is a set that is both GP and standard configurable without flipping the rod/QS, not sure if it's Attack though.
The rearset is set up correctly (with Attack you just hook up the little rod onto the opposite hole on Bell crank assembly) It just seems when the bike is actually running and I go to shift, the quickshifter doesnt work - and acts like a normal shift rod. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

post #4 of 9 Old 07-17-18, 19:03
benp

Garage
Did you just install the rearsets or has this issue showed up all of sudden?

2011 Triumph Daytona 675R
2003 Kawasaki KLR650
1980 Yamaha XS850
post #5 of 9 Old 07-17-18, 19:15 Thread Starter
GMike278
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp View Post
Did you just install the rearsets or has this issue showed up all of sudden?
Rearsets setup in GP shift and quickshifter came installed on the bike. (Bought it all tracked out already) I feel like it's just decided to stop working. Like I said, I tested the switch for continuity and seems to work when unplugged from the bike.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-17-18, 20:43
Cheyenne Bodie

Garage
Check the interruption timing, how long it cuts throttle for the shift. If it's set to something wicked short it might be as good as not having the QS. Mine is set to 0.6 seconds. You can do it through the ECU and test to also make sure bike and QS are talking to each other properly.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-18-18, 01:16
MGFChapin

Garage
The QS sensor you have is a pull? Some rear sets require a push sensor for race shift, but Attacks use a pull for standard or race.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-18-18, 08:47
t_bare

Garage
If you are still using the stock aluminum rod that has male threads it may be about to break. Check to be sure it is not loose. If loose it is about to break.

t_bare

post #9 of 9 Old 07-18-18, 14:15
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
I have the Triumph QS with the Attack rearsets in GP shift. Everything works fine for me. If your setup was working then quit, then you have a short at some point, or something has come loose, either wiring or hardware.

That probably isn't very helpful, but if you need a pic of my setup or have a more specific question, let me know.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement