Back protection - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Gear Review and debate everything from helmets to tank bags. If it fits on you or the bike, discuss it here.

post #1 of 6 Old 03-15-17, 13:52 Thread Starter
Gzblack2

Back protection

Looking to upgrade the back protection in my A* motegi 2 piece suit. I'm thinking about the A* nucleon KR-R.

Anybody have experience with this back protector,or have advice and or recommendations on others I should be looking at?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-15-17, 14:29
ALLoneUP
Super Moderator

I've got the kr-1 version and highly recommend it. It is extremely comfortable once it warms up from your body heat. Molds to the shape of your back and moves with you, I don't notice it at all. By far the most comfortable back protector I've had from A*, and I've had quite a few of the recent models. Example, the bionic line was a very rigid hard plastic that prohibited movement and seemed to ride up a lot.

The nucleon line breaths really nice as well, and the kr has a wide range of adjustability. Can't go wrong with the level 2 protection.

The only other piece I was considering was the Forcefield Pro Sub 4. From reading reviews, it is apparently really thick. Requires a jump up in suit/jacket size. I didn't want to purchase a new suit just to accommodate a new protector, so I went with the A*.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-15-17, 17:35
Neanderthal

Garage
I like the kr-2 version. Hardly know it's there and still have Level-2 protection.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-15-17, 18:28 Thread Starter
Gzblack2
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm sold

post #5 of 6 Old 03-15-17, 20:26
Hooligaz675

Garage
I currently have CE L2 Back Protector inserts in my jackets (KR1i, Manis, and Seesoft RV). Surprisingly even though Revit Seesoft RV is cheaper, and doesn't look sturdy as the other two BP inserts i mentioned, it's my fav for daily use. Especially in hot weather. And I honestly cannot tell it's there...

I'm also considering to buy a full CE L2 Armor Back Protector. And since I'm happy with the Seesoft insert, looking for something light, not bulky, and allowing max airflow with CE L2 cert. I was about to order the KR-R, but then I saw the new 2017 Dainese Pro Armor Back Protector.
I think it'll be lighter, less bulky and allow max airflow (honeycomb design) over the KR-R or KR-2 Adv. You can check it out here:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...back-protector

- Do Not OpenNo User Serviceable Parts Inside ! -

Street Triple 2015 to custom RX with Daytona 675R front-end (aka Hooligaz RS Build)

Last edited by Hooligaz675; 03-16-17 at 08:13.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-17, 13:35 Thread Starter
Gzblack2
Threadstarter Threadstarter

OK a little update. I did check out the Dainese but it was a pre-order and I didn't have time to wait as a track day was quickly approaching. So I went with the KR-R. Happy with my choice.
Wore it this weekend and like others have said once you strap it on and zip up your leathers its not noticeable after a couple minutes. It was about 90° and having it on may have actually created better airflow,as it created a void between my and the leather.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement