2015 R1 & 1299, looking pretty tasty! - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Event Calendar Post and check here for upcoming events of interest, rides, get togethers, etc.

post #31 of 47 Old 02-24-15, 20:45
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
I wonder if the Ohlins and GPS unit are worth the $5500 premium for the R1M. The other bits aren't that compelling, since as mentioned you'd replace the body panels with track skins anyway, and I don't see the benefit of having a 200mm rear tire.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 02-24-15, 20:47
DaytonaSpidey

Yolo swag boy.......lmao

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

If you want it.....make it happen!!!
post #33 of 47 Old 02-24-15, 21:11
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
I wonder if the Ohlins and GPS unit are worth the $5500 premium for the R1M. The other bits aren't that compelling, since as mentioned you'd replace the body panels with track skins anyway, and I don't see the benefit of having a 200mm rear tire.
The M is also all carbon fiber. And the electronic Ohlins cost a lot. Obviously the people buying the M are track people, so it may be worth it to them.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~

post #34 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 11:32 Thread Starter
jdgun_13
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
The M is also all carbon fiber. And the electronic Ohlins cost a lot. Obviously the people buying the M are track people, so it may be worth it to them.
I would wager some $ the majority of the M will be sitting at a bike night near you. The yamaha will possibly get some of the other japanese makers to do something, being they have been losing the techno battle in motorcycling since 2007.
The RSV4, S1000RR & any Ducati SBK since 2007 have been continually bringing the tech!
I am looking fwd to riding the new R1 once it shows up at the local dealer.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
post #35 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 15:04
easbaysav

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
I would wager some $ the majority of the M will be sitting at a bike night near you. The yamaha will possibly get some of the other japanese makers to do something, being they have been losing the techno battle in motorcycling since 2007.
The RSV4, S1000RR & any Ducati SBK since 2007 have been continually bringing the tech!

There's actually a few guys over at the R1 Forum waiting for their M to come in and are going to be strictly race or mainly track. Out of the 500 coming to the US, I'd say more garage queens than bike night folks. Either way the majority of them will probably be in that category vs track.

Been patiently waiting for mine (non M) to get here. Looks like end of March - April time frame.

post #36 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 15:16
Glocken

2015 R1 & 1299, looking pretty tasty!

Aren't the m's already sold out

Elka 3 way shock|Penske fork valves|Leo full titanium & CF|Hyperpro steering damper|GB frame slider & engine casings|Cyclecat clipons|Pazzos|ZG|Proton|CF tank sliders|Dave Moss Techspecs|Evo Tech Sharkfin|Sato Shift Spindle holder
post #37 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 15:19
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post

I'm aware that the body panels are carbon fiber, but how many people are going to leave them on there when they track it? I'm sure a few, but I'd hope most would have sense enough to replace them with race bodywork. Otherwise you'll be looking at a pretty hefty repair bill every time you come off the bike. Maybe these bikes are so nannied now riders will hardly ever crash. It'll be interesting to see.

I just know the carbon fiber isn't much of an incentive for me when trying to justify the added cost since I'd be replacing them immediately with cheap plastic panels which would thankfully eliminate those god awful headlights.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
post #38 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 17:57
easbaysav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
Aren't the m's already sold out
Not yet. There was an early order program (Premiere Delivery Program), but not all the R1M's were offered at that time. Plus the dealerships who were allotted any R1's or R1M's were hard to find because it was based on previous R1 sales.

Right now the R1 and R1M are available to order, but I still think the R1M is limited to certain dealerships.

Quote:
I'm aware that the body panels are carbon fiber, but how many people are going to leave them on there when they track it? I'm sure a few, but I'd hope most would have sense enough to replace them with race bodywork. Otherwise you'll be looking at a pretty hefty repair bill every time you come off the bike. Maybe these bikes are so nannied now riders will hardly ever crash. It'll be interesting to see.

I just know the carbon fiber isn't much of an incentive for me when trying to justify the added cost since I'd be replacing them immediately with cheap plastic panels which would thankfully eliminate those god awful headlights.

I'm pretty sure most people racing or tracking the R1M will opt for race glass. That OEM CF isn't going to be cheap.

post #39 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 20:10
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
How so? In the US they would not be able to license the M as they are not street legal.
This is the first time a jap bike has brought all this tech, meaning it is getting cheaper to make. Just like in the car world. The higher priced typically start the new tech and it works its way down. Just like ABS for example.

~
post #40 of 47 Old 02-26-15, 20:12
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:

If you are buying a 20k+ bike I doubt you are worried about a few grand in body fairings. Id go carbon fiber if I was racing to make something off it. Dodge has already priced me, I just dont see it worth it right now for my bike as I am just a small fry, but there have been plenty of people here that have had carbon fiber track bikes and street bikes.

Plus Id rather just use what comes on it before buying other race fairings.

~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement