Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salem, Oregon
Thanked 250 Times in 213 Posts
Tore the bike down, got the old motor out, easy enough.
swapped my red valve cover from the 2011 onto the 2015 motor since the parts are the same, happy about that.
Installed new motor, went easy enough, then went to figuring out what was what and needing to be swapped.
1. The 13+ motor does not use a speed sensor on the upper case, it has a blanking plug.. pulled it from the 2011 motor. Guessing the 13 pulls from either the back wheel, or possibly the 4th wire on the gear position sensor?
2. The gear position sensor is different between the bikes, not exactly sure why the newer bike has a 4th wire, but it does, swapped on the 3 wire unit from my 2011..bolts right on.
3. Throttle bodies went right on, no issue and pretty straight forward.
4. The grounding point for the wire harness on the motor, is in a different location, nothing major.
5. There is a 2 wire connector off the stator (crank position sensor) and this has a different plug on it, but it connects into the stock harness fine.. maybe add some tape for additional security, or splice new plugs on, which i will do in the future.
6. Here is where i need to check some wiring diagrams. The 3 wire stator plug is different, so again a case of needing to change the plug, but i need to figure which wires need to mate up correctly.. not looking to have an electrical issue or catch something on fire.
7. Depending on what radiator you are using, you can use the older one or the new one. I am using the older one, and will use most of the samco hose kit i have, although i will need to modify the lower radiator hose.
8. Exhaust header, I am going to reuse my 2011 akrapovic system... initially there seems to be some resistance to slide right on, but i am about done for the day, and will tinker with it later. more to follow.
Thus far has been straightforward and not to bad, will try and get some some pics up tomorrow. Should have her ready to be fired up next weekend.
Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2012- Yamaha R6
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR