In helmet cam take 2 mulholland - Triumph675.Net Forums
Video media Video sections brought on by popular demand (and the sudden purchase of numerous "go-pro" cameras)!

post #1 of 9 Old 01-25-15, 23:18 Thread Starter
405 South

In helmet cam take 2 mulholland

The return of the in helmet cam. This time the weather played spoiler. Crazy winds gusting to 75 mom in the malibu canyon area. Too much rocks dust and road debris to make a fast pass. That damn red led came back on after I had disabled it, next time I will put tape over it. Enjoy
http://youtu.be/R6G9-6oCmsM

I'll probably be somewhere between the carpool lane and the fast lane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-26-15, 07:11
trumppking

Garage
Maybe that's a sign from above.......

KEEP CALM and RIDE ON
post #3 of 9 Old 01-26-15, 10:02
jdgun_13

Nice video, but what the hell is a GSX 6R? Hybrid kawasaki & suzuki?

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2012- Yamaha R6
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
post #4 of 9 Old 01-27-15, 14:59 Thread Starter
405 South
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
Nice video, but what the hell is a GSX 6R? Hybrid kawasaki & suzuki?
Its the little brother to the gsxr 1000. Don't you hate auto correct..

post #5 of 9 Old 01-27-15, 23:15
Shamrock
Mean Green Mod

Just a little constructive criticism/advice that may save your life one day:

I don't know where your actual eyes are pointed, but judging by where your helmet is pointed, you're not looking far enough ahead.

On the track (which can translate to street), a coach once told me, look as far as you can see in your own lane. So, if you can see your lane, look there. I noticed that first steep corner, you could have looked all the way through it.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-03-15, 22:29
Krazex

^ 100% agree, it changes the whole riding experience once you can master this ^. Can't drift thru a corner or touch knee looking down.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-03-15, 23:20 Thread Starter
405 South

Good advice, I usually look farther ahead but I had to pick my lines through lots of gravel sized rocks and leaves. The winds seemed to place most of the debris on the downhill side.

post #8 of 9 Old 02-05-15, 00:14
Pee Wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Just a little constructive criticism/advice that may save your life one day:

I don't know where your actual eyes are pointed, but judging by where your helmet is pointed, you're not looking far enough ahead.

On the track (which can translate to street), a coach once told me, look as far as you can see in your own lane. So, if you can see your lane, look there. I noticed that first steep corner, you could have looked all the way through it.
Great advice......granted.......had he been 'moving'. FAWK, that was painful to watch, all in what second gear doing 25-30mph.....??? Uggggggg

I guess we've all seen too much Rnickymouse shit up and down that same shitty stretch for decades now, all a tad jaded.

I'd like to offer some advise to all Vloggers. Sell your camera, and use the money to take a riding course. Your shadow as I watch that video....rigid, you never moved. Ass glued to the centre of the seat, arms locked out.

Not being a dick, just saying, wanna develop as a rider, focus less on editting a boring video, more energy into riding the bike.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-07-15, 19:00 Thread Starter
405 South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pee Wee View Post
Great advice......granted.......had he been 'moving'. FAWK, that was painful to watch, all in what second gear doing 25-30mph.....??? Uggggggg

I guess we've all seen too much Rnickymouse shit up and down that same shitty stretch for decades now, all a tad jaded.

I'd like to offer some advise to all Vloggers. Sell your camera, and use the money to take a riding course. Your shadow as I watch that video....rigid, you never moved. Ass glued to the centre of the seat, arms locked out.

Not being a dick, just saying, wanna develop as a rider, focus less on editting a boring video, more energy into riding the bike.
Sorry the video did not entertain you. The speeds I rode at were directly affected by the conditions. Please do read the description. I have ridden the snake 50+ times within the last year, this happened to be the first with a camera.
I am quite capable, and feel no compulsion or need to show off to you. Riding any faster was out of the question due to the dirt, rocks, leaves and other debris.
We live less than an hour away (from mulholland) and we were baffled by the ubsurd weather conditions we saw. At the time of fiIming winds were gusting 75+mph. At home when I left the sky was clear with no wind, less than 40 miles away.
We were both debating finding shelter due to crazy winds we found riding home. Imagine riding with a 50-75mph cross wind, I won't do that again. Even stranger the high winds were just in the Malibu areas and diminished to a light breeze outside of Malibu.
I hope someday I will have a video with friends with ideal conditions, that may entertain you a bit more. And yes I have taken multiple MSF classes 😀. If I get the time I will do more rides and vids.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement