I was motovloging yesterday on my Triumph and caught a Drug Deal on my GoPro!!! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #11 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 11:20
Redline87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch Doctor View Post
I don't know that it is possible to be 6'2 and tip toe on any gen of the Daytona
Have you changed the height?
I'm spot on 6' and I can sit flat footed ( both feet either side of the bike )
At stops
Only time I tiptoe is pushing the bike backwards while straddling it and that's just for better control )

As far as watching motovlogs. I do it when I'm stuck on the ambulance for 24 hours
Living vicariously through others
And ou get to see their thoughts etc ( some are more meaningful than others )

But over all, I would always rather be riding
Only reason I ever even GoPro is to get footage to learn from. Don't even post it up here
( I'm going to for the barber days I just did to get some feedback and tips.)
But as far as riding around town talking to myself
Nah. It doesn't make sense to me. lol )
I was using an example. Lol. I dont tip toe my Daytona. Although i did have te suspension tuned and was told by a VERY reputable guy who races 675's that for 215lbs i need stiffer springs. Have factory Ohlins atm on my bike.

I've had my channel up for just over a year. Only have 30 vids or so. Just a nice mix of stuff I do, see. Talk about everything from helmets, to guns, bikes, meetups, high speed runs, to being thankful for life and what you have.

Redline87 on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/redline87
2014 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sophia)
2013 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sierra) TrackBike
2015 Ducati Panigale R (Serena)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 11:28
G2G

motovloging has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen/watched/heard of.
post #13 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 12:33 Thread Starter
aritweets
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch Doctor View Post
I am giving you feedback as part of your viewing crowd
Yes. These are my opinions, backed by a few years of life experience, and I hope that you hear what I have to say
If you push it to the side or say whatever, that is absolutely fine with me, there are plenty of amublances out there in Cali that are waiting for the call to go out for a car vs bike only to roll up and only get out the black bag and toe tag
It makes paper work a lot easier

You HAVE to pay attention when you ride. I am surprised you haven't gotten into shit already for it
And my post may be your final warning!
It has been clear in each video you have made this far
I'm not knocking your skill ( all though an MSF basic to review skills or the advanced course will really help
You out. Certainly a track day will)
Everyone in time with enough hard work will improve their skill

What I am going to focus on is your lack of attention to the road. What you are actually doing and what everyone else in the world is doing.
I have watched each of your videos and talked to a few of my friends. Riders and non riders about them
And guess what each said
" why is he not paying attention to anything
He is trying to be too much like yummyr6 or chase and is going to get run over
Holy hell the inconsistency "

I'm not telling you this to bash you
I am giving you feedback from your viewers. Sure you won't agree with everyone in life
But I'm really trying to give you some advice so you don't end up dead.

First lesson
You are on a bike. We get it. It's cool it's fun it's fast
And really damn dangerous!
LOOK AHEAD OF YOU! You will rebuttal with " my camera angle or I was looking ahead or whatever "
I can tell because you didn't even see that huge pothole coming and were defiantly not defensively in your lane when that white car swung wide and almost hit you.

2- SLOW DOWN AROUND TRAFFIC
I'm not even going to get into the lane splitting conversation. ( yes I know it's legal there and I actually see the studies from Europe where it is legal and they have way fewer motorcycle collisions than we do )
I just want you to know that speeding around a ton of other distracted drivers is probably a bad option. ( aka it's really dumb)
Drive fast when it's just you

3- your actually vlogging will improve if you aren't trying to pay attention to riding every second. Go ride for a few months and then come back to the vlogging thing.
You keep saying stuff again because you almost ran into a pothole or almost got hit. Or got antsy when you were trying to lane split or on and on and on
Just pick topics in your head before you go out and then discuss those when you are able to
Sometimes just some video of riding is more than words can say

4- be careful what you post
If you do get into a wreck and live ...
Insurance and the judge and anyone else will have a hard time taking your side when you were at fault and probably the most distracted driver/rider our there
--And think about who will look at this..
Future jobs. Future girlfriend ( and her parents ) future employees
YOUR KIDS!
Point is, YouTube and the Internet are full of badass cool videos
And fail videos alike
Give yourself and honest self assessment and think which one you could end up in

I know if I was the boss and saw your video. I wouldn't want to hire you because I would be afraid every morning you weren't coming to work because you ran into a pot hole or got run over
Or if it was my daughter. Sure as hell in not letting her ride with someone that I feel is dangerous ( and even if she did. I'm sure she would be scared shitless and wouldn't want to ride)
And being a parent ( from what I have heard - I'm not a dad yet-) you never want to show your ass to your kids. You want to be superman for them
Not that guy who was pulled way far forward at a stop and almost got ran over

I know that was a lot to read. And you may have stopped
If you got this far in it
Go reread it. Think about it
And then message me or post up here
I want to see you succeed as a rider and a vlogger alike

But until I know you got it figured out
I am done watching your videos

With honesty-
Mark

I read your entire post but how can I say that you are wrong without being a complete *******. Of the 20 or 30 minutes I am filming, it's complete silence, then when I go to edit I only use clips of when I actually do talk or have something happen because I actually DO pay attention and DO look ahead and YES YOU ARE RIGHT, the angle was low, im not looking at my gauge cluster the entire time I ride.

I don't know why you would be so quick to judge but god damn...****ing live a little and stop being so negative and trying to be so controlling and directing.

But yes, you are wrong, your statements and assumptions are incorrect. And I've been riding for 4 years, so maybe you should be the one to retake your MSF training course buddy.

Enjoy

post #14 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 12:55
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aritweets View Post
I read your entire post but how can I say that you are wrong without being a complete *******. Of the 20 or 30 minutes I am filming, it's complete silence, then when I go to edit I only use clips of when I actually do talk or have something happen because I actually DO pay attention and DO look ahead and YES YOU ARE RIGHT, the angle was low, im not looking at my gauge cluster the entire time I ride.

I don't know why you would be so quick to judge but god damn...****ing live a little and stop being so negative and trying to be so controlling and directing.

But yes, you are wrong, your statements and assumptions are incorrect. And I've been riding for 4 years, so maybe you should be the one to retake your MSF training course buddy.

Enjoy
You avoided his comment about you hitting the pothole, I see. If only you were as good at avoiding actual potholes.

2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
Trinity's Build Thread
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nastybutler For This Useful Post:
axsys (10-02-15), Daddylocks (10-12-15), Despised (09-30-15)
post #15 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 13:04
ssbfgc

Mr. aritweets - you don't take constructive criticism well. Ditch doctor was polite in his assessment. I don't totally understand the point of motovlogging, but I do appreciate a good story teller. However, you don't fit the bill. You can't go three words without cursing. Your thread responses are case in point. I'm going to take your advice and live a little...by not watching your videos as it's a pretty terrible way of living.
post #16 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 13:47
TheEssence

Heeeere we go....

He is risen!
post #17 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 14:15
Despised

I was motovloging yesterday on my Triumph and caught a Drug Deal on my GoPro!!!

Been riding for four years and still don't wear a jacket, or any form of long sleeve to protect your skin?

Last edited by Despised; 09-30-15 at 14:23.
post #18 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 14:58
Redline87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despised View Post
Been riding for four years and still don't wear a jacket, or any form of long sleeve to protect your skin?

Hell with that. I hit a Prius that pulled out in front of me wearing my leather ICON jacket. Saved my whole upperbody with hardly any bruising and no rash. I dont ride without a jacket.

Redline87 on Youtube:
The Following User Says Thank You to Redline87 For This Useful Post:
Despised (09-30-15)
post #19 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 15:03
Despised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline87 View Post
Hell with that. I hit a Prius that pulled out in front of me wearing my leather ICON jacket. Saved my whole upperbody with hardly any bruising and no rash. I dont ride without a jacket.

I noticed he was wearing just a tshirt BC it was probably beautiful, or bc he never wears one anyway. I value my skin. And I'd rather have it in tact than smeared down the road.
post #20 of 39 Old 09-30-15, 15:19
Redline87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despised View Post
I noticed he was wearing just a tshirt BC it was probably beautiful, or bc he never wears one anyway. I value my skin. And I'd rather have it in tact than smeared down the road.
I'm the same way. I've been down luckily wearing all my gear, boots etc. Just some knee selling and sorness. Would have been much worse without gear. When i watch the video of the accident i still cringe.

Redline87 on Youtube:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement