Picking up my bike tomorrow morning, starting question - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 13:46 Thread Starter
chomorro

Question Picking up my bike tomorrow morning, starting question

I did search a few key words but couldnt find an answer. Probably a dumb question but i noticed when i was test driving a few triple r's, they will not start unless in neutral. This is unusual to me, all my bikes have always been able to start in any gear. So then i thought about the implications

So if you are taking off from a stop sign and then you stall out, do you have to put it in neutral before you restart the bike and cross your fingers you dont get hit? I guess i can just try it in front of my house tomorrow Can it be disabled????

Im also going to find an online owners manual becuse that bright blue shift light needs to be changed to a higher rpm. Its right at freeway speeds

Anyways pretty excited, i have a broken bar end mirror so need to replace that asap. Probably going with the OEM bar end mirrors, im hoping the stock them at the local triumph store.

Whats the best online parts place? I like pure triumph but they dont have a huge selection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 14:09
Orangeman
BOTM Winner

Congrats on the new bike ....

With the stand up it should start in gear with the clutch lever pulled all the way in. If it does not you have a bad clutch switch.

You can download the current year owners manual here: http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/of...f-82eb47c4c9b1

.. My Bike.. ...has a new owner :(
The Following User Says Thank You to Orangeman For This Useful Post:
chomorro (09-05-14)
post #3 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 14:19 Thread Starter
chomorro
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Hmmmm maybe the one i was test riding had a bad switch. I had the stand up and it wouldnt start in first. I will find out tomorrow i guess. Thanks a million for the owners manual link!

I had a hard time finding a dedicated forum to the street triple in the US. I found this one and triumphrat but neither are really dedicated to just a triple like other bike forums that have street triple only classifieds. Does such a forum exist?

post #4 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 14:39
nelson
BOTM Winner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
I had a hard time finding a dedicated forum to the street triple in the US. I found this one and triumphrat but neither are really dedicated to just a triple like other bike forums that have street triple only classifieds. Does such a forum exist?
You can stop looking for another forum. There is no need for a dedicated forum because the 675s are so very closely related, and this really is the best one around.

Welcome and enjoy the new bike!
post #5 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 16:20
kennungesser

IF your bike is new, while you CAN reset the shift lights, you may want to keep them in the range of the break in period. After the bike is broken in, move 'em higher. I had mine set so the first two came on at just about 5 MPH over 70 mph in 6th gear, so as I am cruising on the freeway, it doesn't sneak up on me. After replacing the battery, it is way too low now, and I have been to lazy to reset it.
post #6 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 16:30 Thread Starter
chomorro

Its used 2011 with 7k miles so im going to change it and make it maybe 12k or so.

Its interesting the manual say 34 front 42 rear tire pressure for the triple but standard 34 36 for the daytona.

Last edited by chomorro; 09-05-14 at 16:53.
post #7 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 17:55
kennungesser

There are MANY air pressure threads out there. I run waaay lower than that, can't recall of the top of my head what it is. I have it written down by the compressor. The going theory is that the pressure ratings in the manual is for ridding two up, but at the pressure that high, I found the ride very uncomfortable and sketchy. Look around on here, and try the different recommendations. It will depend on your ridding style too, as to where you end up with the pressures. One more thing...you are gonna have a BLAST with this bike man!!
post #8 of 19 Old 09-05-14, 18:33 Thread Starter
chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennungesser View Post
There are MANY air pressure threads out there. I run waaay lower than that, can't recall of the top of my head what it is. I have it written down by the compressor. The going theory is that the pressure ratings in the manual is for ridding two up, but at the pressure that high, I found the ride very uncomfortable and sketchy. Look around on here, and try the different recommendations. It will depend on your ridding style too, as to where you end up with the pressures. One more thing...you are gonna have a BLAST with this bike man!!
I have always run 33 36 on all my bikes but my air pressure gauge has never been calibrated to a master gauge so who knows what pressure im really running anyways LOL.

Yea i sold my other bike and went the the dealer to get a FZ09 because i wanted something comfortable but they only had orange so i decided to wait. The reviews on the triple had me sold so im sure its going to be a blast.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-06-14, 14:16 Thread Starter
chomorro

Wow what a ride! Been riding for an hour already today. Definitely have to get used to no fairing on the freeway. I keep slowing to 60 on accident. Feels like I'm flying lol.

My jeans get caught on the seat corner. But this is the most fun I have had on a bike in a long time.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140906_103831_Richtone(HDR).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	132505  
post #10 of 19 Old 09-06-14, 15:40
kennungesser

Good to hear you having fun, that's what these bikes are built for. I find that at 70mph, I am perfectly balanced and totally relaxed. Must be my weight and wind resistance at it's perfect point . Just waiting for the weather to clear up here. To many "pop ups" hanging around. I may take it out after the game tonight,(GO BUCKS!!) it starts at 8:00 and all rain should be gone by then so I may do a quick night ride. Tomorrow looks clear and sunny here, with a high of 77F. Perfect!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement