13-14 Daytona 675 [R] Problems/Issues - Page 33 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #321 of 828 Old 01-13-15, 19:57
RU5H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig2941 View Post
Hey everyone, I just picked up a new '14 675R over the weekend. Having paid $695 for dealer "setup", I stripped the bike down to go over everything. What I found was:

- Clutch out of adjustment. Cable too tight.
- Throttle cable out of adjustment.
- Clutch cover bolts not to tq spec. One halfway backed out.
- Sump bolts not to tq spec.
- Coolant low.
- Front mud guard bolts loose.
- Chain too tight.

Most of this is trivial stuff, but after paying the dealer to go over the bike, I expect better. I didn't see where I can tighten the coolant hoses that everyone is talking about, the clamps don't have bolts. While I was in there, I removed the charcoal canister and purge valve and plugged the purge line. Bike runs great, can't wait to get past the break-in period!

Everyone should do a quick check of all accessible nuts and bolts, their QC is obviously lacking. Overall really happy with the bike so far.
Really sucks to hear that man.. hope got all those things squared away. I too was worried about my bike after leaving the dealership... The place is a little sketchy, they have a certified Triumph guy there but still. After reading that I'm going to check mine out tomorrow.

I'm not experienced with working on bikes so any advice would be highly appreciated. I definitely want to double check the same things you mentioned..

Did you throttle have play in it? Mine does and I was hoping to adjust it if that's possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #322 of 828 Old 01-14-15, 01:37
Stig2941

It's all minor stuff that I took care of and im really stoked about the bike. The throttle had too much play in it for my liking and is a simple fix. 240 miles and counting! Amazing how much torque the bike has.
post #323 of 828 Old 01-14-15, 13:17
RU5H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig2941 View Post
It's all minor stuff that I took care of and im really stoked about the bike. The throttle had too much play in it for my liking and is a simple fix. 240 miles and counting! Amazing how much torque the bike has.
How do you adjust it? I just reached 200, going to hit some twisties this weekend.

post #324 of 828 Old 01-14-15, 18:13
Bamboo671

Garage
It's the same way you adjust the throttle play in the pre-13 models. There's a how-to for it I just can't remember what it's titled though.

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build

"Win or learn...never lose"
post #325 of 828 Old 01-16-15, 11:29
RU5H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboo671 View Post
It's the same way you adjust the throttle play in the pre-13 models. There's a how-to for it I just can't remember what it's titled though.
Ah ok, I found that thread but wasn't totally sure it was the same thing. Thanks
post #326 of 828 Old 01-18-15, 04:18
su37su

Just a little update on my bike. I have about 2k miles on my bike and the only problem I had was the EXUP valve at 100 miles.
The Following User Says Thank You to su37su For This Useful Post:
58857 (01-18-15)
post #327 of 828 Old 02-09-15, 09:54
taddraughn

Garage
This morning i noticed tiny oil splatter on my left shoe. When i looked down i saw this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1423489956.692780.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	149458

I used my finger to wipe the bottom of the engine casing by the lowest bolt. A drop of oil had collected there. So i guess i should pull out the torque wrench and tighten those bolts. I never notice any oil in my garage so it must just get out once its hot and moving around.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Χελωνης
post #328 of 828 Old 02-09-15, 10:07
Bamboo671

Garage
No need for torque wrench. It's somewhere around 7lbs so just hand tighten them. Here's the concern now though; if you're getting a leak from a bolt at the engine cover, is your gasket still good? No matter how tight that bolt is your gasket is compromised and needs to be replaced. I would also check the bolts on the underside of the pan. I had one that was ridiculously loose and surprised it didn't fall out. My dealer fixed all of that with no charge to me.

post #329 of 828 Old 02-09-15, 12:16
Beeglowbot

Garage
that can easily be a counter seal leak running down to the pan, or any number of leaks. I would clean it all up, dry it then run it on a stand with some work lights. See where it's coming from. I had a few of the clutch case bolts come completely loose (because lul dealership) and oil was sneaking all the way to the left side of the pan because of kickstand lean.

If it's a new bike and you haven't touched those case bolts, it's more than likely dealership "tight" bolts.

Gasket is probably fine if that's the case since it was never tight enough to crush it in the first place.
post #330 of 828 Old 02-09-15, 12:56
Bamboo671

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeglowbot View Post
that can easily be a counter seal leak running down to the pan, or any number of leaks. I would clean it all up, dry it then run it on a stand with some work lights. See where it's coming from. I had a few of the clutch case bolts come completely loose (because lul dealership) and oil was sneaking all the way to the left side of the pan because of kickstand lean.

If it's a new bike and you haven't touched those case bolts, it's more than likely dealership "tight" bolts.

Gasket is probably fine if that's the case since it was never tight enough to crush it in the first place.

Didn't even think to mention the counter sprocket leak possibility! I don't remember if I posted my pics of that on this thread or not but worth a look. It's very evident where the oil is coming from if you do have the CS leak.

Do you really think the gasket is good even it has been saturated with oil? My experience has always been negative when this happens. Just my experience though and I may have caught the leak at its late stages at the time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement