2013 Race Loom - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

post #21 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 12:14
MGFChapin

Garage
No, there's either a blanking plug or the pick-up, but not both. If your bike has a blanking plug, that means it was originally an ABS model and the previous owner didn't order the correct loom to include a pick-up. Fortunately the loom itself should work fine, you just need to get a pick-up, Triumph P/N T1290221.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 13:59
DimSTriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
The only concern I have running without the (very expensive) Ignition Module is leaving the race ECU's rev limit at 15.5k RPM when I have no modified engine internals. Do you religiously watch your tach and never stray above 14.4k or just short-shift everywhere?
You have no problem at all running the engine with stock valve springs upto the race kit ecu rev limit. The only thing you need to remember is to change them after every rebuild!

Regarding pc-v vs Rapid bike, I find the second more complicated but more capable on tunning. I've used both pc-v and rapid with very positive results on tunning.
post #23 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 14:02
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSTriple View Post
You have no problem at all running the engine with stock valve springs upto the race kit ecu rev limit. The only thing you need to remember is to change them after every rebuild!
That's assuming I will ever have to rebuild the motor. Stock internals running at or below the stock rev limit shouldn't ever need a full rebuild and that's my objective.

post #24 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 17:31 Thread Starter
AdamA
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
No, there's either a blanking plug or the pick-up, but not both. If your bike has a blanking plug, that means it was originally an ABS model and the previous owner didn't order the correct loom to include a pick-up. Fortunately the loom itself should work fine, you just need to get a pick-up, Triumph P/N T1290221.
My bike is a 15, 675R. So it obviously came with ABS from the factory.

So your saying the previous owner should have bought the ABS loom kit instead of the non-ABS loom even though the ABS has been physically removed from the bike?
post #25 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 17:46
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
My bike is a 15, 675R. So it obviously came with ABS from the factory.

So your saying the previous owner should have bought the ABS loom kit instead of the non-ABS loom even though the ABS has been physically removed from the bike?
There are two versions of the race loom, neither of which will support ABS once installed. The ABS version assumes the donor bike has ABS, so comes with a new speedo pick-up. The non-ABS version assumes the donor bike already has the pick-up, so doesn't come with one. That's the only difference between the two. The previous owner should have bought the ABS loom.

I know it's a little confusing - the dealer I ordered my loom from even called me to tell me I had ordered the wrong one. I had to educate the parts guy and convince him I needed a new speedo pick-up.
post #26 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 19:03 Thread Starter
AdamA

Yep that makes sense.
The guy I bought this bike off works for Triumph Australia. Wish he had of known that. Now it looks like I'm up for a further AU$400 just for that pickup :(
post #27 of 38 Old 11-17-16, 19:07
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
Now it looks like I'm up for a further AU$400 just for that pickup :(
Ouch. It's only $175 here (AU$236.33). If you want to order anything else from a vendor here in the States I could throw a pick-up in the box?
post #28 of 38 Old 12-03-16, 05:56 Thread Starter
AdamA

MFGChapin - Just wanted to say a huge thanks. I went halves on a new Speed Sensor with the previous owner and got the bike back today after some good and bad news.

Good news is the speed sensor fixed all the sensor errors the ECU was throwing up.
Bad news is it is unfortunately still running rich as hell and down about 30-40HP. So after some thinking today I think my only option is to buy the TRACS software/dongle and get my mechanic to retune the bike.

So saying that I have new questions I don't know if you will know.

- Can I buy a second hand tracs dongle/software as long as it has not used up it's three ECU licence limit?
- Is there somewhere I can download mappings to load instead of manually tuning it and creating a custom map for my bike or would I be best doing a custom tune/map?

Thanks again.
post #29 of 38 Old 12-03-16, 10:04
Victor Ward

Somehow I knew from the start that you had the wrong harness in the bike.

I'm almost certain that TRACS was only for the earlier bikes and is no longer produced. You need to get a PCV and have it tuned on a dyno.
Or add on an autotune unit too. I've never used one myself.
post #30 of 38 Old 12-03-16, 11:23
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Ward View Post
I'm almost certain that TRACS was only for the earlier bikes and is no longer produced. You need to get a PCV and have it tuned on a dyno.
Or add on an autotune unit too. I've never used one myself.
Correct, TRACS isn't available for 3rd gen because the race ECU is still locked. AdamA you need a piggyback tuner and dyno work, but as we mentioned on page 1 of this thread, tell your dyno tuner multiple times not to exceed 14.4k RPM. The race ECU sets redline at 15.5k but you need race internals to reliably go that high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement