FS 13+ Daytona/ Street Triple SAI block off ECU kit - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Parts Sell, trade or give away your parts here. FS, WTT, FF all welcome.

post #31 of 53 Old 08-17-16, 10:08 Thread Starter
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Hopefully everyone is getting great use out of their resistor kits, and more importantly, speed machines!

Continue to ride safe, and enjoy each minute of it!!

Still making these by order, so dont hesitate to ask!

That Others May Live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 09-06-16, 12:01 Thread Starter
Ditch Doctor

Garage
All orders are shipped out last week! If any one has any issues, give me a shout, but these units seem to be working for everyone, and staying in tact for several months thus far with no issues
.... except MGFChapin

Thanks everyone!

That Others May Live
post #33 of 53 Old 10-19-16, 20:12
torana9x

Is there any reason why the solanoid can't be left in, instead of using resistor?

2015 Daytona 675R

post #34 of 53 Old 10-19-16, 21:13
Bamboo671

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch Doctor View Post
All orders are shipped out last week! If any one has any issues, give me a shout, but these units seem to be working for everyone, and staying in tact for several months thus far with no issues
.... except MGFChapin

Thanks everyone!
Ditch, can I get one? I sent you a PM also. Thanks!

1997 YZF100R/Thunderace - She committed suicide 15Mar07!
2008 Daytona 675 - She was murdered 30Jan13
2013 Daytona 675R - Sexy reincarnation 15Mar13! Here's my build

"Win or learn...never lose"
post #35 of 53 Old 10-19-16, 21:28 Thread Starter
Ditch Doctor

Garage
Bamboo^ PM replied! Ship back safe my friend!

Torana9x, You can not leave the solenoid unit in place and have the block off plates installed, and without that connector plugged in, you will have a CEL. (also, with using an aftermarket exhuast, you will need a servo buddy to pass the servo motor from the stock exhaust on the daytona)

Let me know if you have further questions or need some assistance.

Best,

Mark

That Others May Live
post #36 of 53 Old 10-19-16, 22:26
torana9x

[/URL]
This is the resistor I got today. Smaller than I thought it would be.. anyways, since the connector is hard mounted on the solanoid, I'm thinking I might just cut the connector from the bike and direct wire it to the resistor. Does it matter what wire goes where on the resistor? Or makes no difference?
post #37 of 53 Old 10-20-16, 23:03
torana9x

Quote:
Bamboo^ PM replied! Ship back safe my friend!

Torana9x, You can not leave the solenoid unit in place and have the block off plates installed, and without that connector plugged in, you will have a CEL. (also, with using an aftermarket exhuast, you will need a servo buddy to pass the servo motor from the stock exhaust on the daytona)

Let me know if you have further questions or need some assistance.

Best,

Mark
Hey mate, I've installed the plates and resistor. Now when i go to start the bike it wont fire up unless i give it throttle.. I have to hold the throttle on to keep it running, soon as i let go the bike cuts out. Any idea what's going on here?

2015 Daytona 675R
post #38 of 53 Old 10-21-16, 22:30 Thread Starter
Ditch Doctor

Garage
^ shouldnt matter which wire you solder to which lead/ tooth in the connector.... but that resistor will probably carry more heat than the larger ones.... my original design used that resistor type, but when soldering, the connection itself came out of the resistor... two more failed, so i went with a better option and more soldering/ securing to the leads.

.... now.. i would double check the entire set up... make sure your block off plates are on correctly, and that your resistor is still in tact/ operating.

What bike and exhaust you running?

Ultimately i dont think that the block off alone would cause the issues with fueling you describe... i had tried mine before i out the resistor in... and had a CEL, but no trouble running the bike.

Soon after though, i had the bike custom tuned!

have you messed with the throttle control/ position of the cables?
and the throttle bodies... just double check every little thing... it's important to make sure all parts function properly on these machines

Let me know if i can be of more assistance... i hope we can figure this out and fix it easily.

@MacBandit or @JDgun would know much more than I

That Others May Live
post #39 of 53 Old 10-22-16, 06:38
torana9x

Quote:
^ shouldnt matter which wire you solder to which lead/ tooth in the connector.... but that resistor will probably carry more heat than the larger ones.... my original design used that resistor type, but when soldering, the connection itself came out of the resistor... two more failed, so i went with a better option and more soldering/ securing to the leads.

.... now.. i would double check the entire set up... make sure your block off plates are on correctly, and that your resistor is still in tact/ operating.

What bike and exhaust you running?

Ultimately i dont think that the block off alone would cause the issues with fueling you describe... i had tried mine before i out the resistor in... and had a CEL, but no trouble running the bike.

Soon after though, i had the bike custom tuned!

have you messed with the throttle control/ position of the cables?
and the throttle bodies... just double check every little thing... it's important to make sure all parts function properly on these machines

Let me know if i can be of more assistance... i hope we can figure this out and fix it easily.

@MacBandit or @JDgun would know much more than I
I've got it all sorted after pulling my hair out trying to work out that the heck was happening.. Turns out a scalpel i was using to cut electrical tape fell between the throttle bodies and happened to wedge right in the wrong place.. When you turn the ignition on there is this motor thingo, have no idea what it's actually called that opens the throttle bodies to allow fuel in when idle obviously, and i happened to obstruct that, so it was unable to open them, hence why it wouldn't idle but would run when i had the throttle open .. That'll teach me..

Just off topic for a sec, do you know where the crank sensor is located?

2015 Daytona 675R
post #40 of 53 Old 10-23-16, 22:28 Thread Starter
Ditch Doctor

Garage
OH SHIT!!!

BE SUUUUUPER CAREFUL TO NOT LET STUFF LIKE THAT HAPPEN! you could certainly ruin your bike, and your self.

i am glad it was minor, but you should still have the bike checked out/ go through it thoroughly to make sure there is no permanent damage.

best of luck, give me a shout if you need further help

That Others May Live
The Following User Says Thank You to Ditch Doctor For This Useful Post:
T-Noob (04-25-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement