EXUP, CAt, SAI - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 20 Old 05-31-13, 23:44
rentedshoes

No tune adjustment is req'd for disabling the EXUP or the Flapper...just tick the box in Tune ECU and buy some ear plugs. I re-enabled both systems after a few days. It was just too noisy for street use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 05-31-13, 23:55
Disrupt

Im running daves tune and have done everything he had listed. It is amazing how much of a difference it made versus the available tunes. I am working on a custom lowboy so I am going to see if it needs any tweaking soon.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675
post #13 of 20 Old 06-03-13, 00:30
AussieAdam

Using the Exup sytem to get a bit more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoal View Post
awesome reply!
Thanks for the info.

Is there a custom tune just for removal of exup. Or is this somehting i should play around with?
Im giessing there is a guide teaching you have to tune in the all things tuning section?...........hmmm i dont think there is....all i've found was paying people to tune the bike.......
Re-route your crank case breather through the exup system and you can gain extra power for free above 9000 revs. No dirty air going into the iar box as well.

2006 Race/Track Bike: Nitron Race Pro Shock and Nitron Fork Valves, Race Tech Fork Springs, Flux Mk2 Linkage plates, GPR V4 Steering Damper, Attack Performance Triple Clamps & Rear Sets, R6 Mono Block Calipers, Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder, Annitori QS Pro Quick Shifter, No Cat, No Exup Valve, Leo Vince Slip On, No Intake Flapper, SF Filter, Complete GB Crash Protection kit, all unnecessary crap removed.

post #14 of 20 Old 06-03-13, 11:48 Thread Starter
mikoal
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentedshoes View Post
No tune adjustment is req'd for disabling the EXUP or the Flapper...just tick the box in Tune ECU and buy some ear plugs. I re-enabled both systems after a few days. It was just too noisy for street use.
I've disabled the exup already....although I thought Ive read other threads stating if properly tuned wihtout the exup it should not lose low end torque etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
Im running daves tune and have done everything he had listed. It is amazing how much of a difference it made versus the available tunes. I am working on a custom lowboy so I am going to see if it needs any tweaking soon.
Hey disrupt, can ur map run with my 06 d675?
What was it customized for (what changes have you made)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdam View Post
Re-route your crank case breather through the exup system and you can gain extra power for free above 9000 revs. No dirty air going into the iar box as well.
Is there a guide for this, since I'm still new, I'm not sure what this mod is.

Thanks everybody
post #15 of 20 Old 06-03-13, 12:17
Disrupt

Quote:
Hey disrupt, can ur map run with my 06 d675?
What was it customized for (what changes have you made)?
I am running Dave73's tune on my 07. Since my vin range was the same as his it was easy. You could either copy the info over to yours to make it run. I deleted the exup, sai, o2, air flapper, evap, and probably some more stuff I can't remember. But each bike is different, so it is better to get a custom tune. Dave's tune is deff a good baseline to work from since the tuner wont have to start from scratch.

2007 D675
post #16 of 20 Old 06-04-13, 09:54 Thread Starter
mikoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
I am running Dave73's tune on my 07. Since my vin range was the same as his it was easy. You could either copy the info over to yours to make it run. I deleted the exup, sai, o2, air flapper, evap, and probably some more stuff I can't remember. But each bike is different, so it is better to get a custom tune. Dave's tune is deff a good baseline to work from since the tuner wont have to start from scratch.
Im a bit concerned with copying the mapping over. Would these settings be correct for the 06 or my VIN range?
post #17 of 20 Old 06-04-13, 10:00
Disrupt

Quote:
Im a bit concerned with copying the mapping over. Would these settings be correct for the 06 or my VIN range?
People have done it without any issues. It is just more time consuming. I am currently on a bus going to a presentation. Once I get back I can check for you, just let me know what your range is.

2007 D675
post #18 of 20 Old 06-04-13, 10:10 Thread Starter
mikoal

It should be the first vin range. I don't remember off top of my head.
It starts with 262###. I had the 20109 which is replaced with 20204 and now 20400
post #19 of 20 Old 10-15-19, 20:49
Tyler123

How did you delete the sai? It’s physically deleted already but need to do it through tune ecu so the bike can run right
post #20 of 20 Old 10-17-19, 22:54
AYoDread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler123 View Post
How did you delete the sai? Itís physically deleted already but need to do it through tune ecu so the bike can run right
Sorry man, this thread is from 2013 but I'll help you out

You unbolt the SAI from the top of your valve cover, remove all the hoses, tap off the connectors and block the ports on top of the valve cover with plates. Then you need Tune ECU so you can turn off the SAI and this will keep your check engine light from coming on if done right.

"I don't know who you noobs are. I don't know what you noobs want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I don't have a long span. But, what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very large amount of posts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this now, that'll be the end of it. I will not Google you, I will not photochop you. But if you don't, I will search the webnets for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement