Phicurious's 765 Daytona Build - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 22 Old 04-11-18, 22:59
AYoDread

maaaaan this is such a great write up. I read it 3 times now. I'm curious to see the difference in power bands, the 675 vs 765. I don't really care to see how much power it makes but more so how both engines make it.

"The Bad" part of your list is all things I have heard and read before from car builders who have stroked and bored over their blocks for more displacement. But it's something I will keep in mind.

My question is, can you push that block to an 800cc to compete with the MV or is it at the limit for streetability?

"I don't know who you noobs are. I don't know what you noobs want. If you are looking for attention, I can tell you I don't have a long span. But, what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very large amount of posts. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop this now, that'll be the end of it. I will not Google you, I will not photochop you. But if you don't, I will search the webnets for you, I will find you, and I will pwn you."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 04-13-18, 17:25
jdgun_13

Thank you for the write up, I would say it is a very solid upgrade versus buying something newer.

I am curious on your F3 800 comments. As I have ridden all the versions of the 675 daytona, and the F3 800 motor has minimum engine braking in direct comparison, once you adjust the computer settings and the handling is far more responsive than the daytona .. I am sure the reverse spinning crank has a lot to do with this. Would love to do some back to back your 765 vs my f3 800, would be a wild comparison!

Hopefully you can get a video of the bike running on track this season!

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2012- Yamaha R6
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
post #13 of 22 Old 04-13-18, 17:44 Thread Starter
Phicurious86
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
Thank you for the write up, I would say it is a very solid upgrade versus buying something newer.

I am curious on your F3 800 comments. As I have ridden all the versions of the 675 daytona, and the F3 800 motor has minimum engine braking in direct comparison, once you adjust the computer settings and the handling is far more responsive than the daytona .. I am sure the reverse spinning crank has a lot to do with this. Would love to do some back to back your 765 vs my f3 800, would be a wild comparison!

Hopefully you can get a video of the bike running on track this season!
Yeah I only got to ride the stock F3, and I don't remember thinking that the effort to tip her side-to-side was significantly different than the 675R I was riding. Don't remember much about the engine braking either. It clearly wasn't an apples-to-apples comparison since my daytona had better suspension and brakes (which was something I did notice riding the F3), but for a bike that was a couple thousand more to buy-in and nearly 2x the insurance cost I walked away unimpressed (and I had walked in sure that I was going to trade).

I trust your judgment of her after the work on the fueling, suspension and brakes. A back-to-back comparison would be sweet, just come on down to Chuckwalla in the Fall

post #14 of 22 Old 05-08-18, 14:37
Victor Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
I saw there's an aftermarket race alternator available now too, which would really help you mitigate the slow(er) spin-up.
Do you have a link to this?

"The better you look, the more you see."
post #15 of 22 Old 05-08-18, 15:54
MGFChapin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Ward View Post
Do you have a link to this?
https://ukracesupport.com/collection...r-with-reg-rec
post #16 of 22 Old 05-09-18, 20:25
jubei4769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phicurious86 View Post
Yeah I only got to ride the stock F3, and I don't remember thinking that the effort to tip her side-to-side was significantly different than the 675R I was riding. Don't remember much about the engine braking either. It clearly wasn't an apples-to-apples comparison since my daytona had better suspension and brakes (which was something I did notice riding the F3), but for a bike that was a couple thousand more to buy-in and nearly 2x the insurance cost I walked away unimpressed (and I had walked in sure that I was going to trade).

I trust your judgment of her after the work on the fueling, suspension and brakes. A back-to-back comparison would be sweet, just come on down to Chuckwalla in the Fall

My buddy Jason races there on his r6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17 of 22 Old 05-10-18, 18:14
manxkiwi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYoDread View Post
My question is, can you push that block to an 800cc to compete with the MV or is it at the limit for streetability?
The Triumph engineers at the 765 launch said this was the biggest bore and sroke they could get out of this configuration. So I would say it couldn't 'safely' be made any bigger. The 765 was simply coincidental and not a marketing thing. That's what they said anyway.

To the OP: I presume the RS pistons went in too? Do you know if they are forged? Cheers.

PS. Love the build will be following for more updates. One more thing... I read in a mag recently that the new bigger Daytona is coming in 2020, we shall see.
post #18 of 22 Old 05-11-18, 10:16
jdgun_13

Still waiting on more pictures and a video!

Will have my F3 800 out on track 25 June, cannot wait to do some back to back with the little old 675R.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.
2015-MV Agusta F3 800
2012- Yamaha R6
2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
post #19 of 22 Old 05-11-18, 11:40 Thread Starter
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
Still waiting on more pictures and a video!

Will have my F3 800 out on track 25 June, cannot wait to do some back to back with the little old 675R.
I've got a date with a track on the 27th, but the org is pretty strict about cameras on the bike. I can snap some pictures of my rattlecan paint job =P. Should have some dyno time once I get back to Phoenix in late August/ early September.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the comparions, though I'm betting your MV comes out ahead everywhere with the work you've done on it.
post #20 of 22 Old 05-11-18, 11:44 Thread Starter
Phicurious86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by manxkiwi View Post

To the OP: I presume the RS pistons went in too? Do you know if they are forged? Cheers.

PS. Love the build will be following for more updates. One more thing... I read in a mag recently that the new bigger Daytona is coming in 2020, we shall see.
Pretty sure the pistons were a custom job. Jamie would know for sure, but I think he has them built to particular compression specs and it was easier to go ground up than get the RS pistons and then have the heads ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement