Triumph 675 Forums banner

Wrecked 2014 Street triple youtube series

622 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  EC Approved 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

New here and new to Triumphs! I picked up someone's old project for $600. Its a 2014 Street Triple 675 with around 14k miles and no front end. Well, the brake calipers are still attached. Anyhow, I'll be making a series on youtube to document my progress. If that is something you would be interested to see (assuming I can figure out how to film everything) I can link it here.

Firstly Ill need to determine what shape the motor is in and what it'll take to get it running. I have the key that fits the ignition but the battery has been removed and I can't get the seat off now matter what I try. Any tips? I most likely need the gauge cluster to get bike to run, are they in batch matched or should any 13-16 ST cluster work? Looks like it is also missing a relay in the bank of 5 or so that are al the same.

As far as what the bike needs, oh boy.
(If you have any leads on parts feel free to let me know, I'm checking ebay every day)
- Instrument cluster, bracket
- Triple tree stem, does anyone know if the Daytona lower yolk and stem would fit the ST upper or is the geometry all wrong? (it appears as though the lower yolk is sold as all one piece)
- 3 of 6 exhaust studs are bent (came with replacement studs from triumph with pink gunk on the engine side threads, is it thread locker or antiseize? How should I remove the old gunk in the engine side stud holes or should I just leave it)
- Headlights
- Front forks (I have a set of 06(?) Daytona forks that fit the upper and lower triples, not sure about the rest of the fitment)
- front brake discs
- Headers and everything back from them
- Oval exhaust header gaskets
- Radiator and hoses (I checked the parts numbers and it appears as though some of the speed triple radiators will fit)
- passenger grab handle?

Does anyone have a list of interchangeable parts between say the 08-12 Daytona or 13-16 Daytona's? The lower yolk and stem just seem impossible to find without buying the entire triple tree. Daytona parts seem to be much more plentiful and cheaper.

That's just to get us started and rolling, we'll see if the engine turns over.
Excited to be here!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.