Triumph 675 Forums banner

RECOVERED: 2007 Daytona Graphite, Maryland

3K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  NewYork 
#1 · (Edited)
About a month ago my bike was stolen from Jessup, MD. So far it hasn't been found in Baltimore or DC.
So please keep a heads up for any graphite parts going around on ebay or facebook or craigslist.

The only distinguishing features are the Brembo master cylinder, the stickers and scratches on the right fairing, the tail is cracked, and the tank right-side decal is messed up. The exhaust is the TOR. The dash has faded spots all around it possibly due to brake fluid, and the trip/scroll buttons don't work anymore. Puig windscreen, too. 40,000+ miles.

See less See more
#5 ·
so i got the bike back yesterday. someone had crashed it in front of an Autozone a few towns over. then they ditched it on the side of the road which is so often the case. the tank had been spray painted, and all stickers were removed. the ignition was busted but i can't get the bike to turn on. maybe that's why they ditched it.

i wonder what the bike had been through. i wonder about who was riding it and how they treated the bike. it was obviously stolen to be joy-ridden rather than be parted out. so i wonder how they liked it. and how did they crash anyway? was it a wheelie gone wrong? could they just not handle the bike well on a crowded street? one witness didn't see the crash but saw the guy ditch the bike and walk away. full black leathers, red helmet with silver visor., average height and build.

the damage would be enough to total it, but really this bike is repairable. i'll never find another set of graphite plastics. instead, i will resurrect this one as a track-only bike.

i'll post a couple pics later.

#7 ·
Hopefully that POS broke some bones, suffered some internal bleeding and road rash to the bone.

If you had theft this is a win win. Let them pay you for the bike, buy it back turn it into a track bike And then use the $ to get another street bike. This is what I did with my gsxr 750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
i am ashamed to say it was not fully covered. i had the bike for seven years and 40k miles. full insurance vs liability-only in maryland is a very big difference in $$$. i knew i was risking uncovered damages if i ever went down on the bike, but maybe i was foolish. i refused to install frame sliders, too. my ultimate stupidity was not locking up the bike consistently every day.

#11 ·
Glad you got the bike back! Must be a punch in the nuts to see it banged up.

Sounds like you're leaning towards track conversion, but my friend has a 2007? graphite that I helped convert to track. The L, R, upper, and headlight are still in my attic. Also have a frame up there which I think is clean titled. I'll forward the thread to him.

#12 ·
wow that's awesome! if the graphite pieces are in good condition, i'll definitely look at it. i will need the headlight too. my frame is ok but the steering stop is busted off.

i was thinking about the track. my plan was to turn this one or my brother's bike into a track bike. but the theft has forced my hand, i bought my brother's bike for the track. so now i can try to get my graphite back on the street. i've been looking to make it as much carbon fiber as possible. it's adding up to about $3000 which is getting stupid.

#15 ·
You're gonna hate me. :( I crawled up up to the attic only to find out that his bike is the Scorch Yellow, not the Graphite. SMH. Even he didn't catch it when he looked at the thread last week.

Another buddy of mine has (had) the graphite and I got the bikes mixed up. Really sorry about that!! First your bike gets stolen, then you get it back a bit banged up, then hopes of finding plastics are dashed.

#19 · (Edited)
need opinions from the community.

the question is whether to go with the small or large carbon fiber tank covers? there are a couple conflicts. the major issue is the aesthetics of having a mostly carbon-looking tank versus showing more of the original graphite which i love and miss now that the plastics have been trashed.

the small covers slightly cover the decals which is annoying. obviously i was going to replace this one anyway. so maybe use the small covers and shift the new decals out of the way?

...where did the pics go...

...why are they upside down....

ok i'm done messing with it..

anyway, the large carbon covers take away a lot of the graphite as you can see. i would put the decals on top. but there there's the issue of fitment where the corners of the cover are not completely flush.

Attachments

#21 ·
You should go with the small ones and sell me the large ones.
Or paint the large ones to match the bike and put the logo on the covers.
Serious about buying these if you don't want them.

#22 ·
i used the big ones because the small ones interfered with the decals.. and overall i think i like the more carbonfiber look... so i still have the small ones but i also have two dented tanks..

i finished the bodywork about month ago and forgot to post it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.