Triumph 675 Forums banner

Tires (yes again)

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  MissedApex 
#1 ·
Pandemic has led to a tire shortage. Having trouble finding a mated set. Local shop rx Conti Motions b/c they're cheap and they have the front in stock so just need a rear. Revzilla reviewers rate them as a 3.5 or less tire.

I don't mind spending more but have never much loved what came on the preowned 2012 D, OEM Corsa in front and rear Rosso IIs. Not worn just over 5 years old and hardening rubber now lets go in curves.

Love loved the Pirelli Dragons from my '07 D675 b/c they had a much rounder profile, handled monsoons, and gripped in all temperatures. The treads look a bit like the Rosso IIs, but those have not inspired the same confidence in leans.

Am not knee dragging or doing more than spirited country and city riding. Aggressive maneuvers muchvless often and only occasional commutes.

So just let me know what you like and why. With so many tire options, wish tires could be an ongoing forum thread. I get that while we all ride the same bike, how we ride is likely much different than someone else. But hearing 675 owner opinions applies more than random Amazon or Revzilla reviews.

See less See more
#2 ·
Pandemic has led to a tire shortage. Having trouble finding a mated set. Local shop rx Conti Motions b/c they're cheap and they have the front in stock so just need a rear. Revzilla reviewers rate them as a 3.5 or less tire.

I don't mind spending more but have never much loved what came on the preowned 2012 D, OEM Corsa in front and rear Rosso IIs. Not worn just over 5 years old and hardening rubber now lets go in curves.

Love loved the Pirelli Dragons from my '07 D675 b/c they had a much rounder profile, handled monsoons, and gripped in all temperatures. The treads look a bit like the Rosso IIs, but those have not inspired the same confidence in leans.

Am not knee dragging or doing more than spirited country and city riding. Aggressive maneuvers muchvless often and only occasional commutes.

So just let me know what you like and why. With so many tire options, wish tires could be an ongoing forum thread. I get that while we all ride the same bike, how we ride is likely much different than someone else. But hearing 675 owner opinions applies more than random Amazon or Revzilla reviews.
I have only ridden this bike (14 675R) with the tires it came with SuperCorsa SPs and now I have my track tires from last season SuperCorsa Track Day. I only ride in dry weather and ride curvy backroads/up state mountain roads mostly at a moderate pace and these things just grip all day but we all know that already...Pirellis are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Dunlop Q3's. I use them on everything including my track bike. Excellent traction dry, wet, cold. Reasonably priced. On my 675's I got just over 3k miles rear and just under 6k front. That was using 36 psi rear and 33 front. Mostly moderately aggressive sport riding on Pennsylvania back roads.

#4 ·
Agreed on the q3's. Next year I'm moving to slicks but this year I got 7 tracks days out of a set. They won't hold up to a fast pace in red/A/advanced, but they're perfectly capable in a medium group.

#9 ·
Pirelli Angel GT

I've been running Pirelli Angel GT's for the past few years (on my second set). Find them great in dry and wet conditions as well as gripping well in the cold. I'm not the knee dragger type of rider so if you're looking for outright performance these may not fit your needs.

I also find I get more than double the mileage as I did from my prior tires.

#14 ·
Q3+ is decent, especially if you can time it with a rebate. Our street bike doesn't get ridden much, so I can't comment on overall tire life, but I've never had any complaints on the street and they handle an intermediate track pace with ease.

But this past weekend at the track was wet and/or cold and the Pirelli Rosso Corsa II's were much more consistent and planted in the wet than the Q3+ (jumping between bikes). The Q3+ kept wanting to step out the rear even at a gentle fixed lean/throttle. Once it dried up some, they were fine though.

If you're street only with an occasional spirited backstreet ride, I'd look more at Michelin Pilot Road5 or Pirelli Angel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.