Triumph 675 Forums banner

Rectifier Regulator with Lithium Iron battery?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Plasmablaster 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2006 Triumph Daytona 675 motorcycle that has the Shorai Lithium Iron (Not the ION) battery #LFX14A2-BS12. I need to get a new Regulator Rectifier part. Which model rectifier regulator part that will work for my battery? Is any rectifier regulator OEM and aftermarket compatible with the Lithium Iron battery?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I have been running a Deltron's Battery Tender lith "iron"(I believe) battery in my 91 Vfr750 with R1 mosfet R/R for like 5 years with no issues. (my D955i has same)
Fwiw: I'm not sure if 675s are really that different but, wouldn't think so. This 08- D675 I'm working on came with this Battery (pic) in it and has what looks like a mosfet R/R upgrade too(??).
FYI, I'm new to these 675s so please confirm with someone here who knows more about these specific bikes than I do... I'll be watching to find out more myself! Thanks and Good Luck!

Attachments

#3 ·
Ya know, I just posted on this recently and it turns out the pictured battery in my previous post that was working fine a few days ago; as of tonight... well, it just went out on me... that sux!

#4 ·
#5 ·
Scott, to be honest, I just "think" it's a mosfet as it looks "alot" like the ones on my Vfr750, 955i and 02 R1... but, that's just looking and haven't checked the part numbers; I could be wrong about it being a mosfet. I will verify that whenever I pull it out; this one was on the bike when I got it from P.O.
As before, Others here know these bike much better than I do!
hopefully someone will chime in and clarify this for us!

#7 ·
Thanks,

My bike already had the recall and they did replace the rectifier a few years ago.

So it turns out that the rectifier and the stator needed to be replaced. I have relocated the rectifier to the left side of the bike and I added a bracket. I will add a scoop for the airflow to help keep the rectifier cooler.

I ordered the rectifier part #LiFeP04 from Revival Cycles and was told this would work for the Lithium Iron Battery.

See attached of the rectifier relocated:

Attachments

#10 ·
FH012 and FH020 are the current shunt/MOSFET models that Shindengen offers. As far as my knowledge goes, these particular R/Rs are fitted as standard in a great number of Japanese bikes, and apparently after the recall, in our bikes too.

Shindengen also offers the SH847 which is a Series type R/R (cuts the excess current instead of shorting it back to the stator) that are fitted in bikes with troublesome stators (troublesome = tend to burn-out due to high temps). They are fitted as standard in at least the Suzuki DL1000 V-strom (part number32800-31J00). My bike is running one as well because I got sick of dealing with burnt stators (had 2 of them burn out). Mind, the SH-847 requires either a custom holding plate or an alternative mounting position as it's bigger in size. It's plug and play since it uses the same Furukawa connectors as the FH0xx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.