Triumph 675 Forums banner

I have a confession

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Arawn 
#1 ·
During the transformation of my 675 I decided to have the wheels powder coated. And since I had all the wheel bearings out I decided to just replace them with new ones. After installing the bearing in the sprocket carrier I realized that I had lost the circlip. This sucked but not a real emergency since I could just pop onto bike bandit and find the part. Worst case scenario is I would be down a couple more weeks. Bike bandit shows the clip on the diagram but there is nowhere to add it to cart. I called the rep and found out that Triumph considers the part obsolete and it is unavailable. Almost in a panic, I jumped into the car and headed to the bike shop a couple of miles down the road and handed them the sprocket carrier. A couple of minutes later they handed me my sprocket carrier with a perfectly fit circlip.

My beautiful 2010 675 Daytona now has a Harley Davidson part attached to it! There! It just feels good to finally get that out and not carry that awful secret anymore.

#3 ·
During the transformation of my 675 I decided to have the wheels powder coated. And since I had all the wheel bearings out I decided to just replace them with new ones. After installing the bearing in the sprocket carrier I realized that I had lost the circlip. This sucked but not a real emergency since I could just pop onto bike bandit and find the part. Worst case scenario is I would be down a couple more weeks. Bike bandit shows the clip on the diagram but there is nowhere to add it to cart. I called the rep and found out that Triumph considers the part obsolete and it is unavailable. Almost in a panic, I jumped into the car and headed to the bike shop a couple of miles down the road and handed them the sprocket carrier. A couple of minutes later they handed me my sprocket carrier with a perfectly fit circlip.

My beautiful 2010 675 Daytona now has a Harley Davidson part attached to it! There! It just feels good to finally get that out and not carry that awful secret anymore.
Haha that was hilarious!
Reminds me of a similar incident I had.
In the middle of a dyno session we discovered a coolant leak and it turned out that the new headers I had installed were a bit beefier than stock and had burned a hole in a couple of radiator hoses.

Since the triumph sealer was permanently closed in my country, I was doing the tuning at the Kawasaki dealership, and, you guessed it, I had to get a couple of Kawasaki hoses cut to size and installed to bring the bike back to life!
Needless to say it weighed on my mind so much that I ordered the hoses from triumph UK and had them shipped internationally. I replaced them at the next service even though the Kawasaki ones were doing their job.
Just couldn't keep them on for some twisted reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I'd have done the same thing with the hoses, I hate "hacking" my bikes; the correct part must be used. But there are some things I wouldn't think about twice, like that snap ring or fork seals; same supplier will be making those for several brands, it's the same thing on a different branded bag. I've done that sort of thing before, like installing Yamaha MT-07 fork seals on my friend's Kawasaki Z900.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.