Triumph 675 Forums banner

**BREAKING NEWS!!** New Daytona!

27K views 68 replies 24 participants last post by  Slow Loris 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Received the same :).

Looks like the 765x D765 TFC limited editions won't be available 'till 2020 though.
I thought Triumph would release the 765x D765 TFCs this year, check the demand and release the standard versions next year. But guess I was wrong. I wonder if there will be a standard D765 in 2021.

#5 ·
Got to work this morning. Sat down to drink my coffee and browse instagram for a sec and saw the post. I almost did a spit take....grabbed my helmet and flew over to the dealership on my Stripler and threw a deposit down on it. They didn't know the exact price yet but said it will be in line with the other Triumph Factory Customs.

WOOHOOO Take my money!!!

I'm probably going to be homeless later when my GF finds out but it's so worth it. SHE KNEW what she signed up for! :p

#8 ·
Didn't break a rule, it's just we already had 2 threads on it. Didn't need a 3rd. No worries.

And to keep this on topic...remember, there are only going to be 765 bikes, for USA and Canada. And another 765 for Europe and Asia.
Unless I manage to snag one while being in Japan...I guess I'll keep my plan of getting the R1! :grin2:

#9 ·
It almost feels like Triumph doesn't have faith in the sportbike market to release it as a limited edition in a quantity of only 765. And they are probably right.

Maybe having so many old stock 675's sit on the showroom floor left a bad taste in their mouths. I think there are still new '16s for sale here and there.

That and the fact that it looks almost the same as the last generation doesn't really bode well for it.

I guess I'm failing to get excited. It's a Daytona with old bodywork and a street triple motor in it. Probably some traction control electronics, which in itself is no longer a big deal these days or even expensive to implement by factories.

The bike that's winning the middleweight war is the ZX6R. They are putting that in people's hands for $9999. Enough of this "manufactured scarcity" limited edition BS. Put good bikes in peoples hands for a good price and you will have a winner.

#10 ·
I for one am pretty excited about this ride, been waiting and have played on my f3 800 in anticipation of this bike coming out.
I also dropped a deposit on one.. if what i was told is true, it will be a no BS fun as F, track or roadbike.
Not a fan of the 3rd gen styling, so waiting to see what shows up next month at its unveiling.
But the spec sheet hits all the right boxes.

Still keeping my 2nd gen hybrid.

#11 ·
I've been following the FB Triumph groups and apparently, 150x D765 LEs sold within the first 3 minutes upon accepting pre-orders @10am in the UK the other day. Within the next couple hrs completely sold out! They received more pre-orders than they can guarantee allocation so there are posts like the one below all over the net:

"Allocation now SOLD OUT!

If you were one of the people to put down a deposit we will be in touch over the next week to confirm allocation"

This is totally insane!

Hope you're one of the lucky ones and the disti can allocate your bike JD.

Attachments

#12 ·
Triumph can bite me. Their marketing strategy of making small quantities of overpriced special edition bikes is just pissing people off. First the Thruxton R TFC, now the 765 Daytona.

I was a fan before but I'm not even going to bother looking at their future shit if they are going to be pulling these stunts.

#13 ·
Well apparently there is a market for the factory custom LE thing. And as long as Triumph releases an affordable standard version that I can customize myself I honestly don't care.

The thing that surprises me the most is that people are willing to put down money for an unavailable bike, without even knowing its final design, color etc. D765 LE hasn't even launched by Triumph yet. And the bike is not going to be available until next year. For someone like me who never buys even a first gen bike, this is really surprising.

Anyways looks like there's demand for a Daytona 765 (even for the the expensive LE edition) so Triumph doesn't have an excuse to release the standard versions anymore.

#17 ·
#23 ·
Thankfully my deposit is REFUNDABLE... Will buy one after it loses 30% of its value in a year.

#25 ·
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-...mph-daytona-moto2-765-unveiled-british-motogp

"The Moto2 engine development programme means the model comes with the following:

Titanium inlet valves
Stronger pistons
MotoGP-spec DLC coated gudgeon pins
New cam profiles
New intake trumpets
Increased compression ratio.

The exhaust system uses a Moto2-inspires Arrow titanium race can which has been tuned to deliver a raw racing sound that will ring out over Silverstone this weekend. "

#31 ·
Weird, in that post, there is no red stripe. The pics from my post came from here, and there is a red stripe. I guess I favor the one without the red. Though I'm not really thrilled about any of this. It's really the same old bike.

I don't think I'd favor titanium valves. They don't last.

#29 ·
The bike should be closer to $17,xxx without tax & title etc, according to a source of mine, which that is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.. but official pricing wont be out for another week (so i am told). $19,xxx on this, you are going to find them sitting on showrooms in the US.

the US spec bike has RED, god bless America or something.

12,500 redline, is pathetic, unless you need the race header and an ecu for this to be brought up to at least 13,500 (like a MV Agusta F3 800)

#30 ·
The bike should be closer to $17,xxx without tax & title etc, according to a source of mine, which that is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.. but official pricing wont be out for another week (so i am told). $19,xxx on this, you are going to find them sitting on showrooms in the US.

the US spec bike has RED, god bless America or something.

12,500 redline, is pathetic, unless you need the race header and an ecu for this to be brought up to at least 13,500 (like a MV Agusta F3 800)
While I'm unable to be objective about it , the bike will be, from what I was told, priced comparable to the other Triumph Factory Custom offerings. It's a limited edition bike with moto2 inspired details and not the same as them just slapping a 765 motor into a Daytona frame and calling it a day. That being said, the bike is marketed towards a smaller audience and priced as such. I doubt if they do a true Daytona 765 RS in 2021 that it will have these specs, but that's just speculation. Eitherway, I'm excited about it

#35 ·
I have one on order just because the deposit required wasn't very large, waiting to see what pricing they set. I do wish they'd done some new LED lights and restyled it, but it still looks pretty choice. Ever since I sold my '13 675R I've wished for it back at every track day (not in my daily riding though), so unless they price it unreasonably I think this will be a long term keeper for track duty.

As for the power I thought I heard them say the full Moto2 bikes only make 138, so at 128 that seems a reasonable drop for the reliability and maintenance concessions. I wonder if the quoted 128 is at the wheel, because agree the earlier 675Rs weren't far off these numbers.

#39 ·
Thank you!

It's such a disappointment to be honest.
Current 675s with a few proper mods and a good tune get into the 120 RWHP. Wheel HP.
They make 126-128 hp at the crank in stock form. I don't get how an extra 100cc made no power gains in stock form. It makes me sad also that an MV Agusta F8 300 makes 148 hp at the crank, and had all the electronics you could think of in standard trim. And this was years ago.

As other people mentioned, why is this a limited edition Daytona?
I can get carbon fiber bits and the paint job would be easy to replicate. That is if I even like it, which I don't.
I will take my modded tona over this one any day. I will keep my extra 2000 RPM.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.