Triumph 675 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blown motor

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Shamrock 
#1 · (Edited)
So late last season was on the thruway accelerating from 4-5 and lost power and started hearing a horrible knock it sounded like metal slapping against metal lol. I Immediately hit the kill switch and pulled over and trailered the bike home. I just now got around to working on it and pulled the motor today. If anyone has a motor for sale please let me know or if you know where to find one. Heres all the metal in oil after Draining it.

Bike is a 07 Daytona

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
eBay is good. This site is good, but engines are rare. Triumph Daytona 675 Club on Facebook has engines occasionally.

Yes, 2006-2012 is a direct fit, except with 09-12 you'll also need corresponding headers (they're oval-shaped instead of round like yours). You can use your old harness and ECU too, but again, if you get an 09-12 harness with ECU, you'll have plug-and-play quick shifter capability.

Don't bother with a 13+ motor.

#9 ·
Chances are he needs a top end but OP, you should take apart your motor and find out what exactly happened. It'll help prevent it happening again in the future too.

Did it have the original cam chain & tensioner? Were you using the proper amount of oil? Should've been around 3.6L, not 2.6L like the manual says.

#16 ·
Not sure about the States, but in Canada Greyhound ships for really cheap. I sent a front bumper across country for less than $50 once. They went entirely by weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.