Issue after wheelie - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

post #31 of 37 Old 08-07-14, 19:20 Thread Starter
FriskyPotPie
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGFChapin View Post
SKF. You have 3 bearing shops in Montreal, and they all seem to carry SKF. You want tapered bearings. Take the ones you have out and bring them to any of those bearing shops and they'll match them for you.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.rs_pnI3yzfc
Thanks again!

2012 Diablo Red Daytona
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 08-18-14, 14:47 Thread Starter
FriskyPotPie

Well I changed the cct, so I am tackling the front end issue.
The steering turns freely from side to side, weird that it is only hard to steer when riding. Anyone can tell me how to align the shocks after loosening the triple tree? The lenght of fork coming out of the top triple are equal...
As for the front wheel, does it need to be aligned or are there stops on the axle that take care of that when putting it on? Would a misaligned front wheel make it harder to steer?

2012 Diablo Red Daytona

Last edited by FriskyPotPie; 08-18-14 at 16:02.
post #33 of 37 Old 08-18-14, 21:26 Thread Starter
FriskyPotPie

Well I loosened the bottom yoke and two screws that secure the axle ad compressed the front by pushing down on the top yoke, definitely see an improvement while riding, but still isn't up to par with what it was before... I will get a 17mm hex to loosen the front axle tomorrow and will loosen the bottom yoke as well.

2012 Diablo Red Daytona

post #34 of 37 Old 08-19-14, 21:21 Thread Starter
FriskyPotPie

After loosening everything, bouncing the front and retightening, its as good as new, well good as before :)

2012 Diablo Red Daytona
post #35 of 37 Old 09-03-14, 02:48
Kriswithak

Good to hear you got it sorted. Seemed a bit strange that at low speed you didn't have issues (where you are more likely to be turning the bars to actually turn) compared to moving faster, where you are generally just lean/use body weight. Did you check how the forks were in the triples before loosening everything? Did you change/pump up your tyres at any point?
Over-tight or loose bolts/nuts are pretty common on Triumphs from the factory in my previous experiences (no issues with the 675 yet).

Also riding your bike to get a bit of lean angle and tyre contact with the surface of the road closer to the shoulders of the tyre is what you do when you want to get all the crud they leave on tyres to get them out of the casts off - when you get a brand new set. It's not totally squiddy if you're doing it at the right time.
post #36 of 37 Old 02-21-15, 22:28
[email protected]

I wheelie the crap out my 2011 675, also have had to slam it down a few times. No cracks and no issues thus far. The only thing that has happend to me is for some unknown reason my bike shut off and reset mid wheelie. That's 1 of the come down hard moments. Has not happened again thus far.
post #37 of 37 Old 02-24-15, 22:28
Krazex

so its only stiff when you ride? wtf there is no mechanical difference moving the bars at 0 mph or 100 mph, only physics come into play when you add the factor of speed.
Quote:
Also riding your bike to get a bit of lean angle and tyre contact with the surface of the road closer to the shoulders of the tyre is what you do when you want to get all the crud they leave on tyres to get them out of the casts off - when you get a brand new set. It's not totally squiddy if you're doing it at the right time.
I dont understand this but i guess you are talking about scrubbing off the chicken strips?
unused tire shoulders ( pristine) have the same grip for me, i dont do it, dont think its needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement