Abba Sky Lift Stand - Page 7 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Maintenance and repair Problems, fixes, general maintenance talk

post #61 of 64 Old 03-21-15, 15:49
easbaysav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Yes it works but it isn't stable. I'd certainly never balance a customers bike that way.

True. It's been a few years since I did that frame swap; I remember it wasn't that stable but still managed to get the job done. Sometimes you have to make do with what you have for the time being.

As for a shop or having paying customers, that's another story. I'd have all the right tools/stands/etc for every job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
In the end the side stand works. WTF is this conversation still going on?

If you dont like it dont ****ing buy it. I bought one and I love it. Many others have bought them and loved them.

Oh, wah! Lol. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I'm not opposed to having a side stand and have mentioned in another thread that I considered buying one, but it still wouldn't achieve what the Abba Sky Lift stand or having a work table/lift can do in terms of getting the bike off the ground to a more comfortable height.

I currently kneel, sit on my ass, lay on my back, or sit on my seat creeper when working on my bike. Depending on what I'm doing or how long I work on my bike, my neck or lower back will get sore sometimes. Getting the bike higher would alleviate that. A HF lift with a coupon or building a work table would be a cheaper solution than the Abba Sky Lift stand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 03-22-15, 23:28
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
Without my side stand there's no way I could have my car, my wife's car and my bike in the garage at the same time and be able to get my bike out without having to pull my car out every time I wanted to ride. Screw that noise. Well worth the investment just for the hassle saved.
Mine freed up a lot of space for my car, I can now pull in with a passenger and they can get out. Before that it just wasn't happening. I have now rearranged and it allows me to push the bike in a spot that moving by itself would make it super annoying.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
post #63 of 64 Old 03-22-15, 23:29
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by easbaysav View Post
True. It's been a few years since I did that frame swap; I remember it wasn't that stable but still managed to get the job done. Sometimes you have to make do with what you have for the time being.

As for a shop or having paying customers, that's another story. I'd have all the right tools/stands/etc for every job.

Oh, wah! Lol. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I'm not opposed to having a side stand and have mentioned in another thread that I considered buying one, but it still wouldn't achieve what the Abba Sky Lift stand or having a work table/lift can do in terms of getting the bike off the ground to a more comfortable height.

I currently kneel, sit on my ass, lay on my back, or sit on my seat creeper when working on my bike. Depending on what I'm doing or how long I work on my bike, my neck or lower back will get sore sometimes. Getting the bike higher would alleviate that. A HF lift with a coupon or building a work table would be a cheaper solution than the Abba Sky Lift stand.
Wah wah

I just bought a cheap ass chair with wheels. Have had it for years and works great, even with the bike on the ground.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~

post #64 of 64 Old 03-23-15, 00:17
easbaysav

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
Wah wah

I just bought a cheap ass chair with wheels. Have had it for years and works great, even with the bike on the ground.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement