Triumph 675 Forums banner

Haven't Been On this Forum For Many Years...

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Shamrock 
#1 · (Edited)
Haven't been on this forum in many years. My 2006 D675 has been in storage for a long time, about 8 years. Rode it for first time in all those years last weekend. It still rides like I remember it.

Glad to see some names from the very early days of the forum are still around. Gonna have to get caught up on some things so should be posting a bit here and there. Was good to get the bike online again.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
.....<snip> .....8 years is a long time for the bike to be in storage, how did she do?
It was stored in my rec room. Just dealing w/ aging parents and my career demands sidelined my love for motorcycles for last few years. Now my responsibilities are freeing up and it's time to begin enjoying some independence from responsibility.

It was run periodically and I drained the gas out of the tank after every cycle. Stock type Yuasa lead-acid battery kept on a tender and is like 8 years old. It will fail suddenly at any moment now, so that's the first thing to replace. It's fine for now but a battery that old will just suddenly fail.

Interested in LED bulb technology and how that might improve night-time lighting. The D675's headlights at night were always a weak point. And now I'm 62 yo, my eyes aren't improving. Have to see if there are improved lighting options.

Otherwise bike starts & runs like it should. Happy to have it back on the road again.

Mark

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome back. There's a few of us old members still around. I don't participate much anymore. But I'm still around.
I always appreciated your posts and technical knowledge back then. As well as in the present. Have been searching through many posts made over the years I was missing, and see you were pretty active, and still giving good advice. :thumbup:

#7 ·
Hi Morsetaper,

You have a join date almost as early as mine. But you have a lot more posts. I never was really active here but i did gain a lot of very valuable information.

And I still have my 2006 Daytona. When I bought it, as a much younger man, I figured I'd just ride it until I was too old to ride it and then I'd park it inside and look at it. So far, that plan is still in phase one but getting closer to phase two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.