Gen3 motor into a Gen1/2 bike - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #31 of 35 Old 10-04-20, 14:42
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlzmo400r View Post
So itís safe to assume a gen 2 header should fit in a gen2 chassis with gen3 oval port engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok i guess your listening... THE gen 2 header does not work with the 3rd gen 675 unless you want to mod or see if the 2nd gen oil pan will fit on the 3rd gen motor.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.

2011- Triumph Daytona 675R
2005- Kawasaki ZX-10R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
The Following User Says Thank You to jdgun_13 For This Useful Post:
nlzmo400r (10-04-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 10-04-20, 14:51
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlzmo400r View Post
Thanks for the clarification. And you resolved the ignition pickup difference solely with altering the timing tables via tune ECU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the tables as far as it would allow.. for a track bike the ecu should be able to remedy the limited amount of ignition timing that you can get from the stock ecu.

So here is my thoughts on this.. given cam chain slack, and how far off the cams, and also how good (sensitive) or bad the ignition pick up, play a big part.. I honestly think you could index the crank trigger bracket a bit to help get you consistent starting, with the change in timing from the ecu.

If swapping a resitor in the shower injectors works, then the easy route truly is swapping the gauge, ecu, harness and motor over from a donor bike.

Most of you people are not capable of being your GD self, to damn worried about being politically correct.

2005- Kawasaki ZX-10R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
post #33 of 35 Old 10-04-20, 18:08 Thread Starter
samwise_i
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
If swapping a resitor in the shower injectors works, then the easy route truly is swapping the gauge, ecu, harness and motor over from a donor bike.
By works I meant that it does not generate a fault code with a resistor in place of the injector, but I have never run a Gen3 Daytona ECU without the shower injectors. My guess, and just a guess, is that the normal injectors on a Gen3 Daytona are a lower flow rate then the ones on a Gen1/2. This would help with emissions since you would have finer control over low throttle openings. The Gen3 would then use the shower injectors when more fuel was needed at large throttle openings.

Would be an interesting tune though.

post #34 of 35 Old 10-05-20, 11:36
jdgun_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwise_i View Post
By works I meant that it does not generate a fault code with a resistor in place of the injector, but I have never run a Gen3 Daytona ECU without the shower injectors. My guess, and just a guess, is that the normal injectors on a Gen3 Daytona are a lower flow rate then the ones on a Gen1/2. This would help with emissions since you would have finer control over low throttle openings. The Gen3 would then use the shower injectors when more fuel was needed at large throttle openings.

Would be an interesting tune though.
the 1/2 gen fuel injectors with throtle bodies work just fine with the 3rd gen motor. did i send you my 3rd gen fuel map, for use with gen electronics, airbox and throttle bodies?

2005- Kawasaki ZX-10R
2003- Kawasaki ZX-6RR
post #35 of 35 Old 10-15-20, 17:52
ditto675

Samwise_i just reminded me that using the ignition map will only accommodate the pickup position difference once the ecu has achieved motor synch on start up.

This means unless tuneboy (tuneecu does not) has an ability to enter a pickup offset then slotting the pickup, new keyway on rotor or pressing a new trigger ring onto the rotor is the only way to get a Gen3/765 motor to work with a Gen1/2 ecu...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement