Haven't Been On this Forum For Many Years... - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #1 of 12 Old 09-28-20, 11:42 Thread Starter
morsetaper2

Garage
Haven't Been On this Forum For Many Years...

Haven't been on this forum in many years. My 2006 D675 has been in storage for a long time, about 8 years. Rode it for first time in all those years last weekend. It still rides like I remember it.

Glad to see some names from the very early days of the forum are still around. Gonna have to get caught up on some things so should be posting a bit here and there. Was good to get the bike online again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	675_lewis_orchards.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	253533  

No Comment!

Last edited by morsetaper2; 09-28-20 at 13:13.
The Following User Says Thank You to morsetaper2 For This Useful Post:
NewYork (09-30-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-28-20, 13:34
TLrider1963

Nice one I'm the same and have recently returned as I have a little 675 track bike I am brining back to life. 8 years is a long time for the bike to be in storage, how did she do?
post #3 of 12 Old 09-28-20, 20:40 Thread Starter
morsetaper2
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLrider1963 View Post
.....<snip> .....8 years is a long time for the bike to be in storage, how did she do?

It was stored in my rec room. Just dealing w/ aging parents and my career demands sidelined my love for motorcycles for last few years. Now my responsibilities are freeing up and it's time to begin enjoying some independence from responsibility.

It was run periodically and I drained the gas out of the tank after every cycle. Stock type Yuasa lead-acid battery kept on a tender and is like 8 years old. It will fail suddenly at any moment now, so that's the first thing to replace. It's fine for now but a battery that old will just suddenly fail.

Interested in LED bulb technology and how that might improve night-time lighting. The D675's headlights at night were always a weak point. And now I'm 62 yo, my eyes aren't improving. Have to see if there are improved lighting options.

Otherwise bike starts & runs like it should. Happy to have it back on the road again.

Mark

No Comment!

post #4 of 12 Old 09-29-20, 00:12
ramnakhle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by morsetaper2 View Post
It was stored in my rec room. Just dealing w/ aging parents and my career demands sidelined my love for motorcycles for last few years. Now my responsibilities are freeing up and it's time to begin enjoying some independence from responsibility.

It was run periodically and I drained the gas out of the tank after every cycle. Stock type Yuasa lead-acid battery kept on a tender and is like 8 years old. It will fail suddenly at any moment now, so that's the first thing to replace. It's fine for now but a battery that old will just suddenly fail.

Interested in LED bulb technology and how that might improve night-time lighting. The D675's headlights at night were always a weak point. And now I'm 62 yo, my eyes aren't improving. Have to see if there are improved lighting options.

Otherwise bike starts & runs like it should. Happy to have it back on the road again.

Mark

62 and still on a supersport. You sir are an inspiration
Always happy to hear when a bike comes out of storage. Best of luck with that.

There are a lot of LED options for sure. The main problem is their bulky heat sinks and wiring usually require drilling or modifying the back cap on the headlight assembly making it prone to moisture and dust contamination. Something which has kept me away from this mod so far. If anyone can point me toward a decent led bulb which is a no cut fit and is truly plug and play Iím going for it. But no luck so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ramnakhle For This Useful Post:
morsetaper2 (09-29-20)
post #5 of 12 Old 09-29-20, 00:15
MacBandit
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome back. Thereís a few of us old members still around. I donít participate much anymore. But Iím still around.
The Following User Says Thank You to MacBandit For This Useful Post:
morsetaper2 (09-29-20)
post #6 of 12 Old 09-29-20, 11:00 Thread Starter
morsetaper2
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Welcome back. There’s a few of us old members still around. I don’t participate much anymore. But I’m still around.

I always appreciated your posts and technical knowledge back then. As well as in the present. Have been searching through many posts made over the years I was missing, and see you were pretty active, and still giving good advice.

No Comment!

Last edited by morsetaper2; 09-29-20 at 20:26.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-14-20, 21:36
motociclista

Hi Morsetaper,

You have a join date almost as early as mine. But you have a lot more posts. I never was really active here but i did gain a lot of very valuable information.

And I still have my 2006 Daytona. When I bought it, as a much younger man, I figured I'd just ride it until I was too old to ride it and then I'd park it inside and look at it. So far, that plan is still in phase one but getting closer to phase two.

Whitehorse Press is getting out of the publishing business and I'm closing out the last copies of my book, The Ride So Far, for $10 with free shipping in the U.S. See more: sample chapter and my motorcycle blog, including the story of my Daytona.
The Following User Says Thank You to motociclista For This Useful Post:
MacBandit (10-14-20)
post #8 of 12 Old 10-15-20, 13:44
samwise_i

You have me beat by one month:-) Welcome back, I took a break myself but am back at it. We have twin bikes except for my bike now has a Gen2 motor and will someday have a Gen3
post #9 of 12 Old 10-15-20, 13:45
samwise_i

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
When I bought it, as a much younger man, I figured I'd just ride it until I was too old to ride it and then I'd park it inside and look at it. So far, that plan is still in phase one but getting closer to phase two.
I like your plan!!!
post #10 of 12 Old 10-15-20, 13:47
samwise_i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Thereís a few of us old members still around. I donít participate much anymore. But Iím still around.
Much love for MacBandit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement