Triumph 675 Forums banner

STR and Daytona dash adapter (and eliminator)

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  zippydan 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have thru research and work been able to create hardware and code needed to eliminate the dash on a 2013+ Street Triple. As some of you are aware, you cant just get rid of the dash because the ECU will refuse to start the engine.

Now I'm thinking about making a batch of these small devices that hooks up to the dash connector. But is it worthwhile? Is there any interest out these in such a device? I will make it an dash adapter at the same time so its possible to wither ride without a dash altogether, or hook up some aftermarket instruments to the device.

Regards
Tobias

#3 ·
Certain riders want to get rid of the dash, such as stunt riders etc.

Some custom builders want to use an aftermarket dash to better suit the style they are after.

Some might have stuffed their dash and are having problem to source a new/second hand one of the same batch to allow for their bike to run.

/Tobias

Why would we need this? Why exactly do you need this? The cluster is part of the BUS Network on the bikes, and has very useful, pertinent information displayed on it. I can't see why you'd actually want to delete it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.