Triumph 675 Forums banner

WTB: Akra Hanger Strap

3K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  MGFChapin 
#1 ·
I'm about to ask my local fabricator, but on the off-chance someone has one, I'm looking for the little threaded insert from an Akra silencer's hanger strap in any condition.

#3 ·
Tell me about it, but fack those are gorgeous.

Wracking my brain right now to make it to the track next weekend, but it's looking less and less likely to happen. If I miss it, might as well wait 2 months for Akra to send me the right one...

#5 ·
My Akra is a hex. I have the hanger strap itself, I just need a spacer angle-cut so I can use a nut and bolt. It's currently just safety-wired on and that seems a little sketchy to me.
Here's a shot of it now:

I need the spacer to be about a 25mm long aluminum rod with an 8mm hole through the middle, then cut at an angle to fill that gap. Half would go on the front of the carbon, the other half would go behind with a nut. Here's what I'm thinking:

@Hokie may be able to make a temporary one out of wood, but if you can make an aluminum one during the off season that would be great.

Attachments

#6 ·
OOoo, ok got it, yours is 13+. Your avatar pic threw me off and for some reason I thought you needed the hanger strap. That's actually easier to make. One question though, were the original spacer suppose to screw into the bracket? If it does I won't be able to make it to where it'll screw in, I'd just make it smaller to where it can slide in. Are you sure 32mm is the ID of the bracket?

In the meantime I think it's better if you use a washer on the front and the back of the bracket, has to be bigger in the diameter though. I don't think you'll pass inspection with safety wire to hold that exhaust.

#7 ·
The safety wire is just for a test ride on the street, I don't expect to get on track with it like that.

The metal bracket on the right of the picture has a rubber bushing that goes inside, which I already have. The bracket I need made doesn't go in there; it goes to the left of that to sandwich the carbon at an angle. It doesn't need to be threaded since I plan to use a bolt with a nut.

The spacer I drew needs to be cut along the diagonal line. Drawing on the right is top view.

#10 ·
See if any of these photos help. These measurements are not guaranteed as they were taken on the bike and my caliper access was limited. However, they are in the ballpark. I hope this helps.

Attachments

#16 ·
Well, it was a solid effort but I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and wait for Akra to send me an insert like they should have in the first place

I had to pull out both rubber bushings and all the washers to get this to fit with just the first angled spacer, much less the thicker one on the back. If I used a longer bolt, it would hit the swingarm and I wouldn't be able to get a nut on. The season is over so I can be patient now, but thanks a lot @Snakecrate for getting me going long enough for a shakedown ride.

Attachments

#17 · (Edited)
Don't give up hope yet brotha, so, the problem is the thick piece of spacer that goes on the back right? I didn't know if we'd have clearance problem on the back but now that we know, what if I make you two thinner spacers, I'll tapped that goes on the back, that way you don't have to use a nut on the back. Do you think it would that solve the problem?

Btw did you get to use the long piece of spacer? I think it should goes in the middle.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.