Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#8,904 ·
I've never particularly liked bleeding the brakes on a bike as a 1 man job. More often than not I cock it up on the first go and have to spend more time than I should getting all the air out of the lines. I tried a mighty vac at one point and that wasn't much better than the old crack, pump, close method.

However... today I bled the brakes according to the method outlined here - http://www.gixxer.com/forums/22-mod...g-problems-look-here-fail-proof-bleeding.html and I am never going back to another method. Worked perfectly the first time, though there was a little spillage as I put the tape on the bleeders, and lever feels firmer than it ever has. Might actually look forward to bleeding in the future.

#8,905 ·
Hit an extremely large bump, avoided wrecking once I regained control of speed wobbles and pull over to find out that I bent the front and rear wheel, cracked my ram air intake, and chip a piece of my frame:frown2:

After inspecting the bike head to toe, the front sprocket nut came loose so I took it off and reinstalled it. Glad it wasn't as bad as I thought. Now the hunt begins :notamused:

#8,906 ·
Did some updates to my 08 Daytona. Powder coated the wheels black, could not stand the factory color. Painted the subframe red, blacked out the gauge pod. installed some Heli Bars & some CRG levers. Also painted the exhaust shield black.
in progress

Painted subframe

Guage pod

Finished

#8,907 ·
Did some updates to my 08 Daytona. Powder coated the wheels black, could not stand the factory color. Painted the subframe red, blacked out the gauge pod. installed some Heli Bars & some CRG levers. Also painted the exhaust shield black.

in progress

Painted subframe

Guage pod

Finished

I like the subframe black better. Looks like a fake "r" now and there's so many colors. Black, silver, red, gold. To each their own though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8,925 ·
Got back home from the road today, bike was delivered on Monday.

Only got about 25 miles on it before it started raining, but I can say it rides like a dream. Much more flickable than my 08, power delivery is smoother, all around just a more livable bike. Only complaint I have is that the OE Brembo master cylinder has like 1/2" or so where it doesn't do anything at all. Will probably upgrade that to a Brembo RCS19 like I have on the 08, but it can wait.

New Taylormade exhaust arrives tomorrow, but unfortunately I have to leave town again so that has to wait. Tail tidy arrived as well, but still waiting on the electrical connectors to make plug and play harnesses for this stuff.

#8,934 ·
Finally installed my GB Racing engine covers. Went on super easy.
Actually took longer to put the lower fairing back on than what it took to install the covers!
Those D Fasteners don't always like to play along.
I actually "compressed" them a bit when I initially installed them by squeezing the clip section on the fairing tighter.

I've got these:

The piece located in the row at the bottom clips onto the inner piece where the fairings join up...
But I found that the "twisty bit" was too short or something as I had to squeeze the hell out of the bit that it locks into to get it to close.
I eventually ended up bending the part that it clips into closed a bit.

Installed engine covers:

Attachments

#8,940 ·
I think I finished ordering all the street parts to return to the street from track duty. Added a few "upgrades" along the process like Rizoma Veloce L mirrors. Now the waiting game for everything to come in so I can put it back on and get back on the street after selling my GSXr to fund this project and a vacation now later.

#8,942 · (Edited)
She got the big one today :O

>:)>:)

K&N air filter
SC Project CR-T slip-on in titanium finish
Triumph ECU slip-on tune
Servo Buddy for CEL

Hi all,
I have had a thing for the CR-T since a friend of mine had one installed on a ZX6R. Sounded and looked amazing. Then I was surprised to see they didn't make it for the Daytona, even though it was available for the street triple. Weird?
A few months later I found a post about a custom made CR-T By David Chen from circuit x breakers, so this encouraged me to go down the same route. I think a few orders have been made so SC-project has the CR-T listed on their website for the Daytona, BUT keep in mind this is still a custom slip-on made to order so expect a few months waiting time before they ship (waited 3 months for mine to ship, then received it a few days later).

Now for the slip-on, I will post a few pics and give my opinion, but David has a much better detailed review and videos than I will ever make, so check out his post for a spot-on overview of the CR-T on the Daytona. Check it out here

Disclaimer: this thing is EFFFIN loud. And for those of you (like me) who have heard it on other 600 class bikes, it is MUCH louder on the Daytona for some reason. It is insane and no video will do it justice. It is much louder than you will ever imagine from the videos.

Here's my quick first glance review
- Quality: 10/10 - Beautiful craftsmanship, that titanium finish is fantastic.
- Sound: HOLY CRAP THIS IS LOUD. But it's a beautiful sound. Ear plugs area a must. Cagers now know you're coming from a mile away. My friend rides a loud ass decatted 2016 ZX-10R, he can't hear his own bike anymore and he's pissed :D
- Install: easy, it's a slip-on.
- Engine: you lose a little mid-range, very little, but up top it's a whole different game. The engine feels lighter and has more of that get up and go throttle response.
- Looks: see for yourself. I think it looks gorgeous on the bike.
Let me know what you think.

That thing weighs a TON

Here's the new slip-on

NO BAFFLE OPTION

The new and improved Tona

#8,945 ·
I was looking at those and thought they looked funny in smoke, that clear looks pretty good though.
Being 6'3" it was definitely more of a functional choice than an aesthetic one. I slapped on a tailbag this week and I think that helps even out the look (should've gotten one of those a long time ago). I didn't want to order the Corsa and wish it was a lil' taller 😁

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#8,950 ·
Went to install a Power Commander V on my new '16 675R, but no dice. Wired everything up right, won't start. Check the software, damn thing is reading erratic RPMs even with the ignition off. Emailed Dynojet, have to wait to hear back from them. Disappointing not to have gotten that done over the long weekend. Gives me time to knock out a few other things I wanted to get done anyhow.

#8,951 ·
Oil chance and Fumoto valve

Changed my oil and installed a Fumoto oil drain valve for much quicker and easier future oil changes. Confirmed how off the manual is about that whole "3.2L with an oil filter replacement" thing. Mine took every bit of 3.6L and is still sitting pretty mid dipstick. 3.2L BARELY got it past the low oil line, and that's after letting it sit for a couple of hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.