Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#9,127 ·
Took the rat bike to the track for the first two days of the season. Only did one day last year and none the year before that. Managed to get back into the groove of things, and I'm pretty sure I got my times to within 5s or so of when I was going a lot more consistently. 1:55's or so at The Ridge. Tried putting my black fuel tank on, only for it to piss fuel all over the garage. Sucked having to use the other tank that doesn't have tank grips. Also lost a shift rod somewhere between turns 2 and 5.

Planning on another double header in August, and we'll see if there's any more this year for me. Still having my issue where it won't idle below about 1750 rpm, and has trouble starting occasionally. Seeing as it's a track bike and I've exhausted everything I can think of, I'm going to ignore the problem until the bike blows up.

#9,133 ·
Upgrade Update

Today I installed some Pazzo long levers (powder coated red, match the subframe perfectly). Here are all the updates I've made since:

New Pirelli Angel GT tires
New rear brake lever (original was bent)
Triumph solo seat cowl in crystal white
Saddleman diamond stitched leather seat
Watsen design flush mount front blinkers in crystal white (previous owner)
Motodynamics LED integrated taillight with brake flash in clear housing
Larger Zero Gravity windscreen in dark smoke
Ebay license plate mount, bolts between passenger foot pegs
Pazzo long levers in power coated red

Attachments

#9,134 ·
Racked up a couple hundred miles riding yesterday (paying for it today) with some friends while breaking in new gear (Dainese MIG pants and jacket.) Started the day off with changing spark plugs which cleared up some rough running I had been having, and finally got off my ass and installed a USB charger onto the bike for when I'm making long trips. Sadly none of my GoPro videos turned out great. My chin mount I accidentally had recording when I didn't mean to so it filled my memory card before we got where we were going, and the low mounted one I have on the lower fairing literally dragged through the corner of the case on one of the first turns (going to need to come up with a new mounting method for that anyhow.) Only one photographer on the mountain, and I'm not paying $40 for 5 digital downloads of my bad body position, so you guys will have to make do with my basic white girl style instagram photos for now.

All in all, had a great time but reminds me how desperately I need to actually get this thing dyno tuned for real. Using the off the shelf PC map for the Taylormade exhaust I have, and it's down on power (verified by a free dyno run) with noticeable hesitation from 4-8k RPM when I go WOT. The new spark plugs cleared it up a bit, but still basically was having to ride point and shoot style since I never knew exactly when the power would come on.

Bigger than that though, I have started running into a problem with downshifts . Still stock rear sets, haven't fussed with anything and I generally stay away from using the QS unless I am really motoring. Now though, at 4k miles, the bike has started giving me problems sometimes on the 2->1 downshift and it acts like it is locked out of gear. So calling Triumph up to try to make arrangements for them to take care of it since the bike is under warranty. Contemplating getting the shift star upgraded as well, and putting the Sato spindle holder on there so this isn't an issue again.

Removing the charcoal canister from under the seat is on my to do list before long as well as a modification to make the seat easier to pop on and off, I'd like to have more storage room on the bike for stuff if I need it.

Attachments

#9,136 ·
Took her for a well deserved ride, and a few pics after

She has been missing out on quite a bit of seat time with the other bikes in the garage, and well this winter will be doing a 13+ motor swap. She has some serious HP to make up for compared to the other triple.

Attachments

Reactions: Rookie28
#9,137 ·
Put 30 miles on going to and from work. But since I got the bike I added . . .

-Akrapovic titanium slip-on exhaust
-Kuryakyn Sportbike ISO-Grips
-Rick's Electrics Voltage regulator/rectifier
-Rick's Electrics Stator
-Shorai LiFe battery
-Zero Gravity Blue double bubble windscreen

#9,138 ·
Been building a fence for my house, but I finally got around to tuning my 675R with Venturi velocity stacks.

You "might" have to tune it they said. It is a MUST. Down low it made the bike overheat, and when I autotuned it, it had to add 39% fuel to reach the 13.2 A/F ratio.

BUT, the throttle response is insane. If you aren't a seasoned rider, it could get dangerous. And when you get on the throttle and in a tuck, the howl is more pronounced, and "moaning" deeper. I don't even have to help it to wheelie, changing from 1st to 2nd.

I'm extremely happy.

#9,139 ·
Been building a fence for my house, but I finally got around to tuning my 675R with Venturi velocity stacks.

You "might" have to tune it they said. It is a MUST. Down low it made the bike overheat, and when I autotuned it, it had to add 39% fuel to reach the 13.2 A/F ratio.

BUT, the throttle response is insane. If you aren't a seasoned rider, it could get dangerous. And when you get on the throttle and in a tuck, the howl is more pronounced, and "moaning" deeper. I don't even have to help it to wheelie, changing from 1st to 2nd.

I'm extremely happy.
Which bike and mods?

#9,142 ·
I just installed my new replacement mirrors (stock ones were super wobbly, and it was starting to get distracting or even dangerous) and I installed a Puig light smoke double bubble windscreen. Got a new rear tire a couple weeks back too, along with new Vortex sprocket, new chain, and some Lightech chain adjusters.

#9,143 ·
High sided myself yesterday at the track. Completely effed up my helmet, but I had no damage to myself. Cracked the chin bar and the back of the shell. Bike is in mostly good shape, didn't even break a lever or a footpeg. My plastics are a bit more effed up than normal now, so I'll likely start shopping for new ones. These ones should have been replaced years ago.

#9,147 ·
20,000 Km full service done!

That was a huge one.
Had this done at Ducati go figure. I have a friend who works there so it was a huge help. Got the triumph manual and all parts needed from Triumph UK.

Had the camchain tensioner replaced as well and the rattle is completely gone!

Parts and supplies:

Oil (Motul 7100 full synth)
Oil Filter
Drain Plug Crush Gasket
Front Brake Pads, Brembo
Cam Chain Tensioner, OEM
Cam Chain Tensioner Gasket, Metal
Crank Cover Gasket
Cam Cover Seal
Cam Cover Seal Set x 6
Spark Plugs - NGK CR9EIA-9 Laser Iridium

Service and checks

Air Filter Cleaning (K&N)
Brake fluid replaced
Coolant Flushed and replaced
Valve Clearances Check - In Spec
Head Stock Bearing Tightening
Rear Suspension Linkage Check and Lube
Drive Chain Tension and Lube
Sidestand Check and Lube
Replaced Missing Sump and Exhaust Bolts (total of 4 missing bolts, keep checking your torques on sump bolts they are notoriously loose from factory) mine had a very slow oil leak nothing noticeable. Now all gone!
Tighten Engine and Frame Bolts to Spec

The baby is brand new again and is ready for another 2 years of trouble free riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9,150 · (Edited)
Finished the 6000 mile service on my bike a little late though but still done except for a couple small things, still need to get the headstock bearing checked, I’ll have to take that to the dealer since I don’t have the tool to do that and I would like to put new fork fluid but don’t have the tools I know MGFchapin has a How to on this so hopefully in the near future I can do this since my bike is 3 years old and has not had the fluid swapped even though I’ve never tracked it and if anyone can help me with item #7 under fuel system and engine management I don’t think it’s applicable to my bike (2015 Daytona 675) but i would still like to know forsure and be able to check it myself

Attachments

#9,159 ·
Right on brother. I wasn't kidding about the mid range, huh?

You also hear a much more pronounced intake growl. It sounds angry.
Can't hear shit over the hindle header and sc project CRT lol. But yes it's like a whole new bike. I'm trying to convince my buddy with a streety to buy them. He was a bit put off by the price.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.