Triumph 675 Forums banner

picking up my Daytona 675 track project

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  v01d1 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

Daytona newbie here .. Picking my 675 2012 write off this week, to make track bike.

Never had Triumphs before, hope it goes well ..

#6 ·
You won't be catching any R6's on the straightaways, so use the grunt/low end power to get on the throttle early and give yourself a head start (doesn't help that I'm fat, and on a first gen which is more down on power than yours). Typically, I catch/pass everyone in braking zones more than anywhere else. Everywhere else it's an awesome track bike, but it definitely is missing out in top end power. Personally, I can't ride an I-4. I've gotten too used to the narrowness of the triples. It's a great bike, even more so on the track.

#7 ·
You won't be catching any R6's on the straightaways, so use the grunt/low end power to get on the throttle early and give yourself a head start (doesn't help that I'm fat, and on a first gen which is more down on power than yours). Typically, I catch/pass everyone in braking zones more than anywhere else. Everywhere else it's an awesome track bike, but it definitely is missing out in top end power. Personally, I can't ride an I-4. I've gotten too used to the narrowness of the triples. It's a great bike, even more so on the track.
Cool,

What about corner speed, I've heard they good too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.